God Indicator

Hello Everyone,

Next year I start my Ph.D in Computer Science / Quantitative Finance. Everything is set to go, but I have a question for the general trading community.

Try to imagine the ultimate technical indicator, it must be only one indicator, it may be one you make up it doesn't have to exist but it cannot be an indicator that specifically forecasts. Dub this the God Indicator.

Now, what is your idea of this indicator? What does it do?

There is already a God indicator, it's called faith, without it it is impossible to please Him

There is not any Holy Grail of indicators.

increase:
There is already a God indicator, it's called faith, without it it is impossible to please Him

hahaha, nice one! But in all seriousness, what do you think?

C@sh-flow:
There is not any Holy Grail of indicators.

Yes, you're absolutely right, I'm talking hypothetically, if you could have an indicator that does whatever you want (besides forecast) what would it do?

Chewyraver:
Yes, you're absolutely right, I'm talking hypothetically, if you could have an indicator that does whatever you want (besides forecast) what would it do?

Try this one... using the commitment of traders (COT) data to spot when Commercials or large speculators have over sold/bought in a large way and the open interest changes with it and the trend is starting to change. Placing that into the Ichimoku Kinko Hyo system to give alerts?

... and the time frames in Daily and weekly.

Hi cloud bank,

That is definitely an interesting idea. The COT is a very informative report and can very easily be incorporated into a trading plan. You said that the time frames you'd like to use are the daily and weekly, as the reports are released weekly, it would be best to use that time frame. However, you could easily use both time frames in a trading system.

The Ichimoku Kinko Hyo already includes various signals for buying or selling, some even are known to be more probable than others. Combining these two would be an easy task of checking the signal for one, checking the signal for the other and enter/exit/stay-out depending on a set of trading rules.

Any other ideas?

For Phd

you have to write mathematical paper with statistical proof -- those complex formula even the author got little idea on how to do those maths

ideally, an indicator will apply to 1 TF, 1 currency, and always Just In Time and never get into the losing direction with its future movement

can you find the statistics for us -- with historical data ??? hst file in MT4, you could see it in csv format in excel got OHLC for each bar

xx3xxx:
For Phd

you have to write mathematical paper with statistical proof -- those complex formula even the author got little idea on how to do those maths

ideally, an indicator will apply to 1 TF, 1 currency, and always Just In Time and never get into the losing direction with its future movement

can you find the statistics for us -- with historical data ??? hst file in MT4, you could see it in csv format in excel got OHLC for each bar

Yes, you're right, I do need to do rigorous analysis for a PhD including mathematical analysis and statistical work. Neither of those are very difficult only taking lots of time and creativity.

As for the rest, can you please rephrase, I didn't understand what you were trying to say, I'm sorry.

phD paper are kind of sound true, but never thoroughly test in real industry, i.e. BS in a intelligent way

-- can you use excel and by observation of chart

and derive something that we can use in the next week

i.e. when we see historical chart, it is so damn easy, we know the EDGES of a bunch of candles and where the trend ended

but in life, it is so difficult, the volatility of the movement give us wrong impression and we might over-bet on 1 currency too

sometime , there is pattern that we discover about last week, that we can use next week -- for the SIGN

but again weekend discoveries, coming week, we could forgot to use it

=== forex is more difficult than publish few phD paper, I am sure -- to get winning streak -- (even we thought, we just have to find one sign or loophole to get rich)

Reason: