Forex News Description

GBP Claimant Count Change

Unemployment in Britain had 4 months of big decline in figures, all were above analysts' expectation. Another drop is expected this time, probably 30K or more. I expect a stronger GBP this time, can anyone share their views on this?

GBP Claimant Count Change

There is a resistance line in the daily chart of GBP/USD.the currency fell and closed at 1.5060, lower than the range, but still above the 1.5050 support line mentioned in the last week outlook or released. Because of this I remain bearish for the next release of the said currency pair.

GBP Nationwide Consumer Confidence

A decline in the previous release on the economic indicator Nationwide Consumer Confidence was recorded last month. Although the decrease had been acknowledged, still the economy is on track. But it would be much better and will give a higher impact in pound if a better than expected actual figure will come out on its upcoming release.

CAD Core Retail Sales

Looking back into the previous data of the economic indicator Core Retail Sales Index, the data shows a fluctuating pattern. However, a higher value would be beneficial for CAD as this tells of enhanced consumer spending. So, this upcoming release a slight to moderate increase in the figure is expected.

USD Unemployment Claims

We have seen little improvement in recent weeks on this indicator, with a fall to 429K last week. On its upcoming release it is expected to rise back to 453K but I would also like to see if the NFP recovers from its last release. Any comments on these assumptions?

USD Existing Home Sales

Just like other housing figures, this indicator also had an unexpected fall to 5.66M sales last month. Experts say that another drop is expected to 5.15 on its upcoming release, which just shows that the US are still reeling from the recession it suffered.

GBP Retail Sales

A big surprise factor last month hit the chart as it releases a 0.6% that is a very healthy sign of an economy bouncing back from its recession, so based on pure statistics we could be looking a better than expected numbers today. Trades has a better future this time.

Reason: