Blessing 2 (5.2) with 6 Indicators - page 2

delacroix:
Backtesting from 2009.03. with my best settings I think it's not the maximum of this ea.

Which settings did you use? Thank you!

Best regards!

I'm sorry, I wont give out my settings. If everyone trades the same way, well :-)

Some advice: play with the MA_Period for shorter response and Grid + TP size for higher take profit.

I've attached february. It has been exported during the test. At the end of February it makes 0 pip.

Files:
febr_may.zip  24 kb

One more. change SAR_Trend for 0.01 good luck

thx m8, will try it out asap

ok i found out some pretty nice tp settings i guess, but i can't change them .... if i edit the settings in the backtest, it still opens the trades with the default tp settings... how can i change that? I do have to edit the "TP_Set x" right?

doesnt seem to change anything....

help me please

Hmm it should do that. If I change TP for example from 100 to 50 then it takes a much smaller profit.maybe the ATR makes that strange things.

Find this:

"ATR to autocalculate the Grid"

Print("ATR: ",atrvalue);

Print("Value: ",value1);

Print("Grid: ",GridStart);

Print("TP: ",TP_Set1);

Maybe these helps finding out the problem.

delacroix:
Hmm it should do that. If I change TP for example from 100 to 50 then it takes a much smaller profit.maybe the ATR makes that strange things.

Find this:

"ATR to autocalculate the Grid"

Print("ATR: ",atrvalue);

Print("Value: ",value1);

Print("Grid: ",GridStart);

Print("TP: ",TP_Set1);

Maybe these helps finding out the problem.

do you mean i have to add these lines? that part is like this in my version:

double GridStart,value1;

double atrvalue = iATR(NULL,AutoCalTF,AutoCalPeriod,0); // Bobster added external variables; default is 1440, 21

if(AutoCal==True){

if(Digits == 2 || Digits == 3) value1 = atrvalue*100;

if(Digits == 4 || Digits == 5) value1 = atrvalue*10000;

GridStart = value1*2/10;

GridSet1 = GridStart;

TP_Set1 = GridStart + GridSet1;

GridSet2 = TP_Set1;

TP_Set2 = (GridStart + GridSet1) * 2;

GridSet3 = TP_Set2;

TP_Set3 = (GridStart + GridSet1) * 4;}

delacroix:
I'm sorry, I wont give out my settings. If everyone trades the same way, well :-)

Some advice: play with the MA_Period for shorter response and Grid + TP size for higher take profit.

I've attached february. It has been exported during the test. At the end of February it makes 0 pip.

and did you do this backtest with the same settings as the other one? or are those your new settings?

Affter the TP_SetXX just add those lines. IN the journal you will see their values. Maybe we van figure out what is the problem with the TP.

Settings almost the same. I prefer lower MA, MODE_LWMA, SAR Trend 0.01

Emergency stop is false and I would use Stoch, RSI and SAR for signal.

The above backtest was exported during the test and I have to admin that those settings failed at 2008.10.20. so it lost all the money

delacroix:
Affter the TP_SetXX just add those lines. IN the journal you will see their values. Maybe we van figure out what is the problem with the TP.

Settings almost the same. I prefer lower MA, MODE_LWMA, SAR Trend 0.01

Emergency stop is false and I would use Stoch, RSI and SAR for signal.

The above backtest was exported during the test and I have to admin that those settings failed at 2008.10.20. so it lost all the money

I'm sorry mate i still dont get it where to put wich lines... .could you please paste your version of this part? simply leave out the numbers....

why do you change MA if you don't use it for a sigal anyway?

yeah but if you look at a higher timefrage (i.e. Day) and you compare 2009 to 2008, you see huge differences, so dont worry about 2008, as long as the market conditions remain the same as at the moment, i think this ea might be realy mighty! we just have to work together and tweak the settings... maybe just you and me if you dont want to go public with it wich i could pretty much understand...

tell me if you are willing to work with me, i.e. per mail or pm, whatever...

greetz

Reason: