Simple 2EMA cross (from Jason Robinson)

Hi there,

Last year I came across an simple indicator on Index of /_MT4_Indicators. It was written by Jason Robinson but I can't find it back on the above mentionned URL. But I will attach the MT4 code.

I started trading 'manually' using that indicator and it gave quite good results on EURUSD and GBPUSD, using M30 timeframe. Now I would like to move a step further and automate the trading by turning this indicator into an EA. To that end, I came across that article: "Transferring an Indicator Code into an Expert Advisor Code" (Transferring an Indicator Code into an Expert Advisor Code. General Structural Schemes of an Expert Advisor and Indicator Functions - MQL4 Articles)

I have been spending hours following that methodology but could not come out with any result. The EA simply does not work at all.

I was wondering if anyone would like to give a try coding that EA, using the methodology ?

I have attached the indicator code and added the "To do" logic for trading.

Who's taking up the challenge ?

Regards,

here's the code

Oops, looks like I forgot to attach code...

Here it is...

Enjoy

Files:

lrako:
Oops, looks like I forgot to attach code...

Here it is...

Enjoy

Just a sujestion : 2ma crossover indicator repaints (it uses values from future bars to draw arrows - ma1afterand ma2afterin the code are future values of a ma). It could be why you could not get any results using it in the EA. I doubt that it is usable from an EA

regards

mladen

which 2 ema's r u using ?

standard setting is 4+8

rgds