Optimizing An EA's Performance (Hull MA)

I just coded an EA using the Hull MA.

Was quite happy about the fact that it made 8% return for this year's backtest.

This is my third EA.

I would like to ask anyone with more experience on what else to include to improve the peformance of my EA ?

So far, i included money management. Which is limiting margin per open position to 1% of balance and limiting max loss to 0.5% of account.

This simple money management rule worked wonders. It made my EA survive the whole year and end up profitable. All my previous EA's that didn't include MM were totaled. Haha....

This EA is an "always in" EA and has a 31% win ratio.

Maximum losses are $57 and average losses is $44.

Maximum win is $593 while average win is $105.

How it works: Open long if (previous MA reading < current MA reading).

Now, can anyone share some ideas on how to make this EA better ?

(I need to specifically decrease the number or losses) Any ideas ? (Example keywords: time filter, B/E, etc)

Hi username1

From my experience , I think all EAs can not continue win a long period without optimization and I am making test now on EA (win in period and lose in another period) to discover can this EA continue win and give us steady profit if I make optimization each period of time , I am making this test on vps server because the optimization of Mt4 is very slowly and perhaps it take one week or more.

Regards

username1:
I just coded an EA using the Hull MA.

Was quite happy about the fact that it made 8% return for this year's backtest.

This is my third EA.

I would like to ask anyone with more experience on what else to include to improve the peformance of my EA ?

So far, i included money management. Which is limiting margin per open position to 1% of balance and limiting max loss to 0.5% of account.

This simple money management rule worked wonders. It made my EA survive the whole year and end up profitable. All my previous EA's that didn't include MM were totaled. Haha....

This EA is an "always in" EA and has a 31% win ratio.

Maximum losses are $57 and average losses is $44.

Maximum win is $593 while average win is $105.

How it works: Open long if (previous MA reading < current MA reading).

Now, can anyone share some ideas on how to make this EA better ?

(I need to specifically decrease the number or losses) Any ideas ? (Example keywords: time filter, B/E, etc)

I'm using MA cross over system, recently add time filter. You should try it and see how it improves the probability.

Reason: