Virus warning... - page 2

Walander:
Hello Valeo,

Please ignore comments by others who talk about Norton Products.

Norton Products are CPU intensive and cause more problems than they do solve. Sort of like the Vista Commercial with Apple, but more intrusive.

If you can find a version of Sophos Anti-Virus, its currently the best on the market and the only newest edition to the Gartner Report for Anti-Virus in the last 4 years.

It means they have a competitive egde enough so that they get mentioned in a report that was once dominated only by 4 main players.

Cheers,

Thanks for the reply, Walander. Much appreciated. I now have Sophos running on all my computers.

Are you serious about your PM?

Dear Coder's GURU,

I have just uploaded the latest update of the MetaTrader program and my antivirus protection system detected a virus in the metaeditor.exe file

The virus name is Gen.Huer.Zygug.3

Have any one got the same problem...

Please advice.... Thank you for your time and consideration.

yours truly

AZRUL...

12BPRO:
Dear Coder's GURU,

I have just uploaded the latest update of the MetaTrader program and my antivirus protection system detected a virus in the metaeditor.exe file

The virus name is Gen.Huer.Zygug.3

Have any one got the same problem...

Please advice.... Thank you for your time and consideration.

yours truly

AZRUL...

AZRUL

Metatrader is claiming that t is a false alarm

If it is so, turn the antivirus off, install metatrader, and then turn the antivirus on again

It's a well known problem that Bitdefender doesn't like MT4. Some EAs are identified as virus when they have to communicate with servers with trading data to evaluate them. Don't worry, just be careful when EAs need a .dll-file and their source is unknown.

The free Spybot is recommended also, when you don't like the risk that your PC could get a cold.

In worst case, Kaspersky or Knoppix (and other Linux distributions) have Live Boot CDs with an rescue system (is a must for every home). When Windows refuses to work, Linux can still do a lot.

mladen:
AZRUL

Metatrader is claiming that t is a false alarm

If it is so, turn the antivirus off, install metatrader, and then turn the antivirus on again

Dear SIR MLADEN,

In this case It did trigger not just me but some others as well......

Now the metatrader program does not want to load/open.... I think after my antivirus removed/block the corrupted/infected file....

yours truly

AZRUL...

krelian99:
It's a well known problem that Bitdefender doesn't like MT4. Some EAs are identified as virus when they have to communicate with servers with trading data to evaluate them. Don't worry, just be careful when EAs need a .dll-file and their source is unknown.

The free Spybot is recommended also, when you don't like the risk that your PC could get a cold.

In worst case, Kaspersky or Knoppix (and other Linux distributions) have Live Boot CDs with an rescue system (is a must for every home). When Windows refuses to work, Linux can still do a lot.

Dear Krelian99,

I regularly update the metatrader program when the pop up massage appear when loading it for the first time every day...

But this the first time that my antivirus was trigger... I have been using this antivirus for more then 3 years now....

I just have a bad feeling about this WARNING......

yours truly

AZRUL...

Your Metatrader-exe is from your broker, right? This source is safe.

I see right now, that I confused Bitdefender with G Data Security, mea culpa. Avira and Kaspersky had the problem, too. You won't find anything when you double or triple check your Metatrader-exe with other anti-virus-software. This is just radom and just because it connects with data servers. You really don't need to worry.

krelian99:
Your Metatrader-exe is from your broker, right? This source is safe. I see right now, that I confused Bitdefender with G Data Security, mea culpa. Avira and Kaspersky had the problem, too. You won't find anything when you double or triple check your Metatrader-exe with other anti-virus-software. This is just radom and just because it connects with data servers. You really don't need to worry.

Guys

I think that it is most likely because of the way how metatrader "updates". They are using virus techniques (probably of some decompiled virus) to update metatrader and that is causing those warnings.

Check your log file and see what is one of the first things that happens when you start your terminal : "2014.12.19 19:48:32.828 'nnnnnnnn': previous successful authorization performed from (IP) nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn". It is sending my IP (and my account number) to someone (my IP is completely unnecessary to my broker and if I try to log in to my broker with wrong account number we all know what happens). Who gets that data?

That is not a problem of antivirus. It is a problem of metatrader that uses code that is virus like and they are not solving those issues with antivirus programs coders/producers

Reason: