Speedometer ...

Can someone help me build the "Speedometer"?

Each bar positive (close higher open) takes values +1, each bar negative (close lower open) takes value -1, each bar neutral (close equal open) takes value 0[eg (sequence of bars): 4 bars positive "Speedometer" +4, 3 bars negative "Speedometer" +1, 2 bars neutral "Speedometer" +1, 5 bars negative "Speedometer" -4, etc ...)

Thanks to all for helping newbies!

If you think about this- just in trading terms.

The value will be meaningless- just think about it logically- having 4 ups on a chart with 5 bars will give you the value three considering the value of the last bar is negative

What is that hypothetically going to do for you in trading a game of probabilities? Nothing, unless you use the value of the total sample size to derive some sort of number- but you won't because there is no statistical evidence to prove any sort of edge.

Just my 2 cents.

Walander:
If you think about this- just in trading terms.

The value will be meaningless- just think about it logically- having 4 ups on a chart with 5 bars will give you the value three considering the value of the last bar is negative

What is that hypothetically going to do for you in trading a game of probabilities? Nothing, unless you use the value of the total sample size to derive some sort of number- but you won't because there is no statistical evidence to prove any sort of edge.

Just my 2 cents.

Each indicator produces a meaningless value, but I just need the code of the Speedometer .....

It's simple ... but I am not able to write it..

You do that?

K,

For one- each indicator does not product meaningless value- I'm trying to stop you from going in a direction that is completely meaningless.

You have 10,000 bar chart, 500 of which are up bars, 5000 which is down bars, and 4500 in doji- +/- 0.1% deviation.

You total is -4500. Tell me, how exactly is this going to affect your next trade.

Walander:
K,

For one- each indicator does not product meaningless value- I'm trying to stop you from going in a direction that is completely meaningless.

You have 10,000 bar chart, 500 of which are up bars, 5000 which is down bars, and 4500 in doji- +/- 0.1% deviation.

You total is -4500. Tell me, how exactly is this going to affect your next trade.

We are in a strong down trend and....

....when the Speedometer cross up the 5 period SMA......I'll BUY

You say it's meaningless....I say no......

But you are right and I wrong....cause I can not write the code... :-(

Thanks....

P.S. Someone could help me to code Speedometer.ex4 like post #1?

Files:
spdmtr.mq4  2 kb

Files:
spdmtr_v3.mq4  3 kb
Reason: