MAAngle Indicator - page 2

cja:

All the code was there it just had a couple of gaps that should not have been in the code which prevented it compiling, i have altered the Bar width code so that it can be user adjusted without going into the source.

I just had another look at the MA Angle indicator and added a MTF code to it, i think it is working alright however get back to me if you have any problems.

Hi CJA,

For unknown reason, the bars are now disappearing from the oscillator window. In 'Common' tab, I already unchecked the Fixed minimum/maximum level. Made no changes in 'Inputs' and 'Colors' tabs.

Please advise

I downloaded and tested V4 of the Indicator. Practically the same problem. Only Green bars appear. Please see the pic attached. The mq4 file can be downloaded from here.

Files:

Wibie_G:
I downloaded and tested V4 of the Indicator. Practically the same problem. Only Green bars appear. Please see the pic attached. The mq4 file can be downloaded from here.

Hi Wibie, there is an updated version here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/184689

mrtools:
Hi Wibie, there is an updated version here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/184689

Hi MrTools,

Firstly, I like to thank you for the link. It seems you're the one who updated the mq4 also. Many thanks for that too!

But, after i attached the file to my MT4, I rarely see the yellow bars. To be honest, I need the indi ro detect range move. Is it just a matter of setting it up?

If I wish to utilize SMA 50 for that purpose, like in this article #1 Range-bound trading (50 SMA angle) | Forex Strategies & Systems Revealed, what would be the best setting for it?

Kindly advise.

You rarely see the yellow bars because you have the adjust the levels all the time for each symbol and time frame. That is not the angle that indicator is showing - it is the slope (in pips)

on my own:
You rarely see the yellow bars because you have the adjust the levels all the time for each symbol and time frame. That is not the angle that indicator is showing - it is the slope (in pips)

Hi on my own,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I know it's a slope, not an angle. Angle is the name the author gave. Let's not get into semantic about it. ;-)

Wibie_G:
Hi on my own, Thanks for the reply. Yes, I know it's a slope, not an angle. Angle is the name the author gave. Let's not get into semantic about it. ;-)

It is not a matter of semantichs

If it was an angle then it would show similar values for all symbols and all time frames

Since it is a slope, it will show very different values for different symbols and the values are going to depend on a time frame entirely : values of a higher time frame are always going to be larger than the values for the lower time frame. Compare values starting from 1 minute to monthly charts and you shall see what does it show

For that reason it is not usable with some fixed levels.

Reason: