LINEXCUTORS - TrendLine Break EA - page 2

?

Is it possible instead of typing Linexcutor1/2...to change code...so it will be just 1/2 typing for example....instead of all those letters

claypot:
Thanks fosgate_r see how we go, nice blog!

You're welcome Claypot

Pava:
Is it possible instead of typing Linexcutor1/2...to change code...so it will be just 1/2 typing for example....instead of all those letters

Yes, it's possible. You need to change it in the mq4 file, just a little edit

I am using that name to differ it to other objects to avoid conflict in names.

?

fosgate_r:
Yes, it's possible. You need to change it in the mq4 file, just a little edit I am using that name to differ it to other objects to avoid conflict in names.

I placed a trendline 1 and instead of "buy" it made a "sell" for me...how do I specify what order the line is suppose to make?

Linexcutor explained

Pava and everyone,

sorry to make you confuse. I forgot to put any explanation on how the EA work. I have already updated the first post with short explanation and a picture. Please check it out.

I'm in the progress improving Linexcutor.

For now, the EA take both side trade: ranging in side the angle and break out.

The worst thing happen when price start to walk on the line itself

Maybe I'll put an option to enable with type of trade to execute. May be just the trendlines break out. I'll post it later.

nice job.. been looking for this kind of EA for a long time!

Hi fosgate_r,

How about using a breakeven code, so when the price starts to walk on the line then basically the EA will buy or sell if it goes above or below the line and close the order if it returns to the line like breakeven. Hopefully you get out with zero loss. Anyway I'm not sure as to what the requirement is for the breakeven to kick in.

Cheers.

fosgate_r:
I'm in the progress improving Linexcutor.

For now, the EA take both side trade: ranging in side the angle and break out.

The worst thing happen when price start to walk on the line itself

Maybe I'll put an option to enable with type of trade to execute. May be just the trendlines break out. I'll post it later.

claypot:
Hi fosgate_r,

How about using a breakeven code, so when the price starts to walk on the line then basically the EA will buy or sell if it goes above or below the line and close the order if it returns to the line like breakeven. Hopefully you get out with zero loss. Anyway I'm not sure as to what the requirement is for the breakeven to kick in.

Cheers.

Hi Claypot,

Thanks for your idea. That's a good one. I haven't put any exit strategy in Linecutor actually. I will add BreakEven strategy as one of them.

This is weekend ... time to do some homework, programming time

Cheers, and have a great weekend.

Linexcutors EA - New Update

Hi All,

I have updated the Linexcutor EA with the following :

• Trade will only be ONE for both trendlines
  • Trendlines names changed to UPPERline and LOWERline
  • Parameters for trendlines name, trading mode, ea name, magic number, now external (changable)
  • You can specify which mode to trade :
    • Trade inside the angle (bouncing trade) only
    • Trade outside the angle (breaking trade) only
    • or Both of them, like before
Any questions or suggestions will be appreciated.

Best.

Reason: