Indicators are like playing roulette - page 5

Mp -- wallendars love

He appears to love me so much that hes seeing to it that my posts are deleted in other threads

TRUE LOVE, obviously !

mp

Bongo:
Werander,

You must like mp, her measurments, body, and bongo-bongo.

Bongo

MP -- yeah, we predict and just keep hitting them TP points

while the subject as stated is a fairly simple situation, prediction becomes another hotly debated issue.

Forex, in its manner, tends to be highly predictable as to TP points with a number of currently available indicators and chart overlays helping the trader.

Understand that the banks already have a very good idea of where they are going with price, usually offset only by news (lets say that GOOD news is coming out tomorrow for the USD --- do you notice that europe trading is LOWERING THE PRICE ?)

reason for this is to bring the price DOWN as far as possible so that the ensuing long position (running approx 2.5 days) will be entered at the most advantageous price possible with the greatest gains.

this is also the reason why, when you see good news released, THE PRICE GOES DOWN ---- the banks have NOT YET gotten the price as low as they want and are shorting like mad with the dumb money picking up their shorts --- now, half an hour later the price REVERSES and UP WE GO FOR THE NEXT FEW DAYS !

i shall grant you that COMBINATIONS of news releases in the same day make "observation/prediction" more difficult than one or two simple releases or something like the NFP release, and can spin ones head around like a live chicken at a chicken salad sandwich tasting party, but normally anyone with a little training and experience can see how the pros are working the room.

Given that news may well have an effect on your existing trade if it ALTERS the direction, BUT --- and this must be remembered ALWAYS ---- the price WILL RETURN to trend, even going to the exact price it was before the news altered it. There is a whole system of trading based on this known fact and when you throw in "what goes up must come down", those who then short the price after reaching the top of the present move, walk away with the deepest smiles !

I use NO SL's for that and a few other reasons BUT I trade a very LARGE equity pool with often 30 trades outstanding (set at support and resistance points) and while I WOULD NEVER ADVISE ANYONE WITH A SMALL ACCOUNT TO FOLLOW MY LEAD, how often have you been stopped out of a trade that turned half an hour later and went into profit ? Do you KNOW what TIME OF DAY that is most likely to happen, and better yet, can you tell a fake direction change from a real one or read what a real direction change will do in half an hour ?

I have a number of people who have learned, over a year of hard work on demo's, HOW to become the second smartest guys in the room (and gals thankfully) because they understand completely what the pros are doing most of the time !

KNOWING how the market functions and having the ability to intelligently look forward to its trend, direction and TP points with an intelligent counter trade (some call it a hedge) is what makes this process work albeit the large equity pool that is keeping me liquid --- DONT TRY THIS AT HOME.

once again, INDICATORS are simply ONE of only a few reliable methods of observing the price moving with candle formations and all the MA's and stuff thrown in there as simply "other" ways of showing the same price action.

NONE are better than the other used in the correct hands --- some traders do excellently on candle formations and never use an indicator, while others use line charts with no candles and depend on indicators.

The financial markets, each and every one, are always manipulated by those with the most to gain and the most ability to alter it, BUT while we may bemoan the dishonesty, we can learn HOW they go about USING that dishonesty and that, coupled with the ability to use and understand candles, price movement or indicators, will make us the second smartest peeps in the room (and the yacht in the caribbean with miss sultry or your latest boy toy aint so bad either !)

Theres more than one way to undress your mistress, so starting at the top or the bottom of the ensemble makes no matter ---- the important thing is simply the end result itself, or at least thats where MY life has always headed.

enjoy and trade well

mp

QUOTE=xx3xxx;316080]p-r-e-d-i-c-t-i-o-n is like observe a newly acquired indicator -- to see there is any universal sign

sometime, it is just a pure luck that we put two indicators together, draw something on top, then we got a sign that we could bet on --- even give when to do SL or HEDGE lock

then we realise it only work in some of the days -- when the markets do not have much NEWS breakout after our bet

will prediction work , I don't know -- but I am into indicator with some form of prediction -- for price level (to sell or to buy ) already

hard to find those, as most indicator are into reflecting the current historical data -- I can only tell , when I make a consistent profit (not quite there yet)

my golly gosh Bongo --- I thought I had met a real man but youre so silent these days.

mp

Reason: