Tool to delete temporary metatrader logs

Hi everyone,

I am sure anyone who has used MT4 often especially to do long backtests knows how big the log files can get ! I have coded a batch file which deletes the biggest files from MT4 (you need to close the program first) thought I would share it...

Just place it in your metatrader folder and press 'y' when it prompts if you want to delete. This can clear gigabytes from your drive !!

Files:
delmtlogs.zip  1 kb

Thanks leeb.

Moved to Tools section.

many thanks !

Very useful and great idea !

leeb:
Hi everyone,

I am sure anyone who has used MT4 often especially to do long backtests knows how big the log files can get ! I have coded a batch file which deletes the biggest files from MT4 (you need to close the program first) thought I would share it...

Just place it in your metatrader folder and press 'y' when it prompts if you want to delete. This can clear gigabytes from your drive !!

Thanks Leeb, but into which MT folder do we place it? Logs? (there are 2) or indicators?

Thank you for replying.

In main folder of MT4 (C://Metatrader4 for example)

Where to place the file

Hi everyone, glad you like this little tool.

ValeoFX: Thanks for your great posts on this forum, yes as enforcer says it should be in your main metatrader folder eg: c:\program files\metatrader 4

Just by running the batch yesterday I freed up about 20GB from one folder

Saver Deleting Tool

Hi leeb,

good idea your Tool to delete temporary metatrader logs.

But as a system administrator i must say it's with the command "del *.*" too dangerous for normal users in case of accidental erasure!

Think the version i posted below is saver.

It deletes only all log-files in ...\experts\logs-folder, only all log-files with the actual date in ...\logs-folder, only all fxt-files in ...\tester\history-folder and only all log-files in ...\tester\logs-folder.

Use it every day bevor shutdown your system.

Thank you

Files:

leeb:
Hi everyone, glad you like this little tool.

ValeoFX: Thanks for your great posts on this forum, yes as enforcer says it should be in your main metatrader folder eg: c:\program files\metatrader 4

Just by running the batch yesterday I freed up about 20GB from one folder

Thanks Leeb, I also have much respect for you and your contributions, for which I thank you.

Best wishes for a Blessed Easter.

Thanks ValeoFX, happy Easter to you and all other contributors to this great forum :-)

Beppi - thanks for your addition, yes I work in IT too so agree that the system could be improved, it is for more advanced or careful users but your method is great.

Cleanup MT4 Log files

Just created this application to easily delete log files.

Sometimes ( usually when I have a bug in my EA ) my log files fill up my hard drive and because I use so many different platform it is a pain to clean up ...

The app is free and you can download the setup file from the following page:

MT4 MSFX-Cleaner | Mistigri

Note that your .NET framework has to be up to date ... Run your "windows update" if you're not sure ...

Let me know what you think!

Patrick

Thanks

Mistigri

Thanks for this great application.

I only wish I had found it earlier, because after debugging, testing and optimising one of my EA's the MT4 log file got to 20 Gb, and totally filled my C drive, crashed windows and corrupted all my restore points all through lack of disk space. After reinstalling Windows, I plan to schedule this to run every day.

Thanks

d4v3

Reason: