Looking for Indicator - page 3

Digit fix

Dreamliner:
Wallender, are you able to change this indicator to make up for IBFX's switch to five digit quotes now instead of four?

This should fix the digit issue for the different platforms

dailyaverage_v1.mq4

Files:

Thanks cja, saved me alot of time with my horrendous coding skills

cja:
This should fix the digit issue for the different platforms dailyaverage_v1.mq4

Made a couple of minor amendments

Hi guys,

I made a couple of minor changes... I hope you don't mind. The decimals printed on screen at the end of the figure were not necessary and would only lead to confusion, so I removed them. I added text and colour depending on whether or not there are pips left until daily range.

Dreamliner, I always seem to find you in the same threads I'm looking at, both here at TSD and FF. I hope this means that I am on the right lines in my trading!

Anyway, enjoy!

Files:

Limstylz:
Hi guys,

I made a couple of minor changes... I hope you don't mind. The decimals printed on screen at the end of the figure were not necessary and would only lead to confusion, so I removed them. I added text and colour depending on whether or not there are pips left until daily range.

Dreamliner, I always seem to find you in the same threads I'm looking at, both here at TSD and FF. I hope this means that I am on the right lines in my trading!

Anyway, enjoy!

This is great, thank you limstylz, that was nice. Can you please check this indicator on EUR/CHF and see if it is accurate?

I'm learning, like you, so don't expect to follow me around and get rich .

Thanks much!

I realised the wording might be confusing

Sorry all,

Minor amendment to wording printed on screen as it could be misinterpreted.

Files:

Just checked it

Hi Dreamliner,

Not following you around, but I keep coming across your name in stuff I am looking for and a lot of your threads and posts have helped me a great deal.

Anyway... the average 30 day, daily range for EURCHF is 1306 (a quick check on daily charts and schoolboy maths were applied, hence the delay in writing this post). I have the current daily range on my chart (Alpari UK +1 GMT) at 898 @ 16:24 GMT. Indicator says there is 408 points left. 898+408=1306, so I guess its correct. Do you have something different?

Dreamliner:
This is great, thank you limstylz, that was nice. Can you please check this indicator on EUR/CHF and see if it is accurate?

I'm learning, like you, so don't expect to follow me around and get rich .

Thanks much!

Hey Limstylz, glad to be of help if possible.

I'm seeing the EUR/CHF average range looks to be about 200 pips per day, not 1306. I'm just eyeballing it, but even the huge up day on March 12 was less than 600. Could I be somehow confusing the 5 digits with 4 or something?

Limstylz:
Hi Dreamliner,

Not following you around, but I keep coming across your name in stuff I am looking for and a lot of your threads and posts have helped me a great deal.

Anyway... the average 30 day, daily range for EURCHF is 1306 (a quick check on daily charts and schoolboy maths were applied, hence the delay in writing this post). I have the current daily range on my chart (Alpari UK +1 GMT) at 898 @ 16:24 GMT. Indicator says there is 408 points left. 898+408=1306, so I guess its correct. Do you have something different?

I meant points not pips....

Hi Dreamliner,

I meant points, not pips... I am using a 5 dec point broker... This translates to 130.6 pips. The indicator is specified in points, so adjust by factor of 10 for pips. Make sense?

Dreamliner:
Hey Limstylz, glad to be of help if possible. I'm seeing the EUR/CHF average range looks to be about 200 pips per day, not 1306. I'm just eyeballing it, but even the huge up day on March 12 was less than 600. Could I be somehow confusing the 5 digits with 4 or something?

Limstylz:
Hi Dreamliner, I meant points, not pips... I am using a 5 dec point broker... This translates to 130.6 pips. The indicator is specified in points, so adjust by factor of 10 for pips. Make sense?

Is there any way to make the indicator do that itself?

Give me a minute...

I'll add a switch for you to turn on or off. If your broker has only just adopted 5 decimal points, you will find that its easier to read in points than in pips.

5 mins to work out the necessary code...

Dreamliner:
Is there any way to make the indicator do that itself?
Reason: