How to fix Stochastic Clips top and bottom

I try to use Stochastic indicator but I see problem when it reaches to the bottom or (Top) part, it clips and go almost flat but the market still going down or (Up). How go solve it??

Tin

Look at the Fixed Minimum and Fixed Maximum when you click on the indicator. For Stoch it should be Fixed Minimum 0, Fixed Maximum 100. I didn't really understand the question but I hope that helps.

Clips picture

It doesn't help.

Look at the attachment on date 29 Feb till 18 Mar. Stochastic clips(stop ramping up) on top before 29th but the market is still going up till Mar 18.

Files:

There is no way to solve that. Your Stoch settings are (10,2,8) and thats what its showing, there is nothing wrong. Play around with those numbers (10,2,8) and watch how the Stoch changes. Your always going to get false signals using Stoch no matter what the settings.

Inaccurate

Yes. Your are right. Stochastic is having a lot of fault signal.

What indicator should I trust then?

Tin

Don't ever trust any indicator. Learn the market without indicators. That takes time and patience. If there was one indicator that worked, this forum wouldn't exist. We would all be rich having mixed drinks on private islands.

Totally agreed

I am totally agreed what you said. Indicators only knows after market changed. It give you before hand prediction but it could be the fault one.

Nice to meet you.

Tin

So in order to reach good results I must maybe combine few indicators ?

Use two indicators

I think we can use two indicators. One to filter away moving sideway, the other one filter away bullish and bearish market.

That filtered away sideway market, we can aim higher pips on strong up/down trend for long term. And that filtered away bullish and bearish, we can aim on less pips for short term.

Any one can suggest what indicators that work for the above?

Tin

Stochastic was developed as bounded indicator and there is no sense to change that.

Reason: