Positions lock

Hi all!

I would like to discuss in the thread a situation which could face traders who follow break out and trend systems (sell on bottom and buy on top of price action).

The situation in which you sell / buy a contract and price turned against you.

Of cause you can install SL and it will be executed but

You also can install opposite order with equal or the same lot size. In this case you lock order which goes against you and in the future you can unlock it with benefits to you.

If some body faced such situations, it will be very nice to get here their experience.

Regards,

Bisecom.

Files:
gbp_usd_.bmp  442 kb

It will be nice to post more pictures and more xamples. Thanks

bisecom:
Hi all!

I would like to discuss in the thread a situation which could face traders who follow break out and trend systems (sell on bottom and buy on top of price action).

The situation in which you sell / buy a contract and price turned against you.

Of cause you can install SL and it will be executed but

You also can install opposite order with equal or the same lot size. In this case you lock order which goes against you and in the future you can unlock it with benefits to you.

If some body faced such situations, it will be very nice to get here their experience.

Regards,

Bisecom.

You can also get a condition in which it goes up and down and up and down several times! This condition can cost you dearly!

Dave

Hi kol8701,

Will do that!

Regards.

kol8701:
It will be nice to post more pictures and more xamples. Thanks

Hi Dave,

Yes, you are right.

But if you know in which band the price will move, you can also do good trades on such ranging market!

Regards.

1Dave7:
You can also get a condition in which it goes up and down and up and down several times! This condition can cost you dearly! Dave

more info

Upon above request ,

I send additional picture.

So, firstly indicators told you that you should sell and you sold 1 lot.

The market turned against you and in 1-2 hours indicators propose you oposite direction. If you have tight SL - you should exacute it or choose some another way.

As example, you can buy 1 lot and you will lock the first wrong position.

But the questions is - how more safetly unlock it?

I propose to wait till price come to a strong resistense and go down and only then you should close buy order and could add to sell order or just wait till price come to your sell 1 lot order.

If some body have other ideas, please, feel free.

Regards,

Bisecom

Files:
20.01.gif  31 kb
Reason: