Advanced coding with DLL - page 2

ingvar_e:
C++

I suspected that. I have downloaded MS Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition to get started.

Thanks Wolfe

Good. Use the MFC app wizard to build your dll.

Good luck!

Thanks,

If someone else is reading this thread, here is an excellent link:

MistigriFx - Mt4Dll

Hiding your stratgey and algorithm?

Many MT4 coders use DLL's to hide their strategy and algorithms but do not realize that DLL's can be reversed engineered.

An option is to published your algorithm and strategy as a web service (SOAP or REST), now you keep you strategy and algorithm implementation private and just expose the API function to the user.

One a DLL looses your control, you cannot be gauaranteed that the alogirthm or strategy will remain protected.

Found this sample on how to implement a SOAP service from MT4 DLL, Source Code for the 4lots.com Metatrader DLL

Ther server uses use NuSOAP libraries to create a SOAP service.

Hope this helps,

Richard

rgmorris:
Many MT4 coders use DLL's to hide their strategy and algorithms but do not realize that DLL's can be reversed engineered.

An option is to published your algorithm and strategy as a web service (SOAP or REST), now you keep you strategy and algorithm implementation private and just expose the API function to the user.

Hope this helps,

Richard

True. But it adds to complexity and you have to have a good reliable server running all the time. Another "ready made" solution is to offer a mirroring service. Keep your EA running on your server and get a mirroring SW. It has both advantages and disadvantages. I am currently testing SignalCopyMySQL and it works well. No coding required but you still have to run a good server and have MySQL and Apache installed on the server.

Reason: