Time indicator

I have been searching for an indicator that will show me how long price stays in the top half of a bar eg on a 1 hour bar if the price spends most of it's time in the upper half 50 mins / 10 mins you would tend to look at going long on the next bar and vice versa for sell.

I have searched on multiple forums but no luck but on a good note I have see almost every clock there is.

Cheers

Beno

hi

Beno:
I have been searching for an indicator that will show me how long price stays in the top half of a bar eg on a 1 hour bar if the price spends most of it's time in the upper half 50 mins / 10 mins you would tend to look at going long on the next bar and vice versa for sell.

I have searched on multiple forums but no luck but on a good note I have see almost every clock there is.

Cheers

Beno

I've attached bar close alarm indicator

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Files:

Hi Beno.

I don't know if you want something like market profile, if it's different the idea is really cool

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173721

This is a start a very kind person on the mql4 site has coded it.

There are a few issues with the mid point changing on the formation of a new bar but they are working on it. as well as new highs and lows

Files:

Minute Averages

Beno:

Cheers

Beno

I know this is not time based in the sense you describe however it may be of some benifit to you, it gives the average Price over a range of Minute periods. The Average results change color depending on the Average being above or below the previous levels. All the levels constantly update in real time - for example in the Screenshots provided the 240 minute average monitors from the current minute and back to 240 minutes. The 180 minute average monitors from the current minute and back to 180 minutes and so on.

cja

minute_averages.ex4

Files:

This is really interesting because if we see a candle after close we have an overall ideal about high/low and open/close but we don't know how it was price behavior.

We could use Renko or Kagi but again we don't know where the price spent most of the time.

I think John Bollinger (Master of Traders) is the only one with a similar approach with his Bollinger Bars.

does anyone have an indicator to show how fast a bar forms.

cheers

Beno

Beno:
does anyone have an indicator to show how fast a bar forms.

cheers

Beno

Wow! U're full of ideas)

SergiPavl:
Wow! U're full of ideas)

LOL well full of something

you in russia? now that one bloody cold place, nice to visit very friendly people, but bloody cold -23 when i visited.

Funky indicator i need to figure out how it works.

Cheers

Beno

Files:
speed.mq4  5 kb

cja

Thanks for the indi i have added it to the screen to see if i can use it.

Cheers

Reason: