BombShell my Gawd this is a wild child? - page 4

Chicago thanks (I PM'd you)...Iron is a very proficient coder and I have seen his work before...I will demo it....but I am still demoing this EA too on the EUR/GBP and the EUR/CHF. My PM Box seems to always be full and I almost deleted your PM....I am working on a lot of projects at the same time so please excuse me for being late.

ES

ChicagoRob:
ES,

If you haven't demoed the latest Blessing 2, modded by Iron, you

should do so. It's a fine Ea. The equity protection and portion

control really puts it into a class by itself.

I also PM'd you a few days ago.

Rob

Observation

EUR/CHF has more open trades than EUR/GBP.

ES

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with this EA, just the way it is? Why was it buried in that "index of EA's" where I found it? If you put it on the correct pair and try to avoid weekend gaps, you should be fine...or....no?

Has this been tried and tested? and earlier it failed...or what?

I start it each Sunday and do not allow it to restart after Wednesday....ok this last Sundays trades are stuck and do not get flat ....so I will find out what happens with the monster "weekend gap opens" we have been getting....this will be good experience.

I am net down 30 bucks for the week in equity, as this EA banks profit while floating 200 plus positions...I suppose next week it will close or weird stuff might happen because of the gap..we shall see....

ES

P.S. Do I have this right? The only danger of this EA is a protracted hold causing the open trades to reach 1000 trades?

Somebody might say an extended trend will kill this...actually the code in the EA will eventually just pyramid down or up with a weighting allowing an extended trend to be a good thing....when rangebound the EA attempts to get a neutral hedge...(I think the anchor point is brilliant here)

It seems to be coded to take advantage of the best of two worlds...

IBFX will stop the new trades at 1,000 open positions....so I will need to close then assuming the global exit of Bombshell has not triggered...but by then the banking of the profit along with the float will most likely net me a profit.

One side note I get a rebate at IBFX so this EA will accumulate a lot of closed positions...

ES

P.S. I may be missing a lot here...I have lived with this EA for over a week and it seems to be very complex and when it trades it still confuses me as to what it is calculating. Just when I think I got it figured out...some other routine takes over. I cannot read code...and an amatuer coder cannot even read this code...it is very large.

A picture is worth a lot of words....

Files:
bomb.jpg  639 kb

For anybody curious... I survived the gap...!

This EA...very very slowly seems to increase the equity....but I am waiting to get a completly flat moment to assess the ROI....

ES

The expert was coded by autofx he is a member on TSD

He is a coder from a different era, a head of his time like Elvis Presley

If you want to know about the expert ask him directly

/en/users/autofx

Your equity seems to be going down from the picture.

The answer to your question is Swap and spread.

Here have another picture....So here you can see if you compare the equity to the last picture...i have lost $8.15.....but as we speak a bunch of arrows and triangles are appearing...There are literally hundreds of trades per day with this :wild child".

ES

That picture was a M5 chart (it does not matter which TF you view this in the routine is hardcoded)....I can say longer term, my equity has increased from minus 60 bucks to minus 30 bucks...it is in a holding pattern just now....but all is well as it is trading within the grid and doing its thing...the nice thing about this is, if it breaks out from the grid, there is a routine for a global exit when it pyramides its way out...I like to get flat "now and then" and rebuild the grid...

There is a big cost of swap and spread with the net hedged exposure during the wait for sure..But it seems to gain ground anyways. I need more time to figure this out. My biggest concern is the huge # of trades that are open. I am at 266 (at any given time this can drop below 200, price action has not caused a gradual increase thus far. this is a one week old grid). The weekend gap did not seem to interfere (this was the first weekend that I tested)...the EA just picks up in the grid according to the booked exposure.

About the author of this EA....well if he wrote it...well yes it is a monster code and I need a lot of time to "catch up". Wasn't he the fellah that managed money and the FXLQ debacle wiped him and his investors out? That was a sad story. The same thing happened to Bluto and all of his converts.

ES

Kenny Rogers:
Your equity seems to be going down from the picture. The answer to your question is Swap and spread.
Reason: