MetaTrader EA's and Indicators with FIX Protocol / ECN Broker

I've wished for some time now to be able to use MetaTrader to trade with an ECN broker. While MetaTrader is a phenomenal platform, using any trading strategy that resembles scalping doesn't exactly bode well with with the market maker's that use MetaTrader. To the best of my knowledge, there currently is no free / accessible solution to use MetaTrader with an ECN broker without a huge financial commitment.

Unfortunately building a MetaTrader compatible server would be inherently unreliable due to the closed nature of the protocol -- so I decided the best solution would be a separate trading application which would use the FIX protocol, but would be able to trade using MetaTrader 4 EAs and Indicators.

I am currently not planning on releasing this project open source, but that may change in the future.

I have a proof of concept written in C# which should be beta ready in ~8-10 weeks depending on my other time commitments (job, life, etc). In the interim I'd like to solicit feature requests that fellow traders would like to see implemented.

Below is a current partial feature list:

## Trading with FIX Protocol compatible brokers via QuickFix

## Support for MetaTrader 4 EAs and Indicators

## Comparable built-in indicators to MetaTrader 4

## Charting comparable to MetaTrader 4

## EA back tester with parameter optimization (similar to MetaTrader's Strategy Tester)

## Ability to import historical data from the following sources: MetaTrader HST/FXT files, Tenfore tick data, GAIN Capital tick data, generic CSV import wizard

One tool I have on the drawing board but haven't started yet is a drag and drop EA builder. The general idea would be to use a drag and drop interface to build order entry and exit rules which would then be compiled into an EA. Just an idea.

What other features would you be interested in seeing implemented in this project?

Have you looked at NinjaTrader? It has a lot of what you're talking about and a lot more as well. It is written in C# and uses C# as the EA language.

Surely, NinjaTrader's an option. Another paradigm could be to build an appropriate middle-ware layer between MT and ECN platform. You get to harness the existing code base on MT and send packaged instructions that will combine with order processing on ECN.

Forex Raptor Freeware connecting to other ECN & FIX

Forex Raptor Freeware, the popular trading system and platform that originally connected to Metatrader to executes trades will be able to connect to other ECNs (MBT), CMS/FX and FIX Brokers simultaneously from the same application.

You can learn more about Forex Raptor Freeware at

Forex Raptor Freeware Support | Google Groups

MB Trading has metatrader on demo only now but will be going live they say when demo users say all is well:

MB Trading - Stocks Options Futures Forex Online Discount Trading

system

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can help with this...

I have been trading fx for some time now with some good results. 'I'm trying to build an automated trading system, which I can use when playing with new strategies, If nothing else than just to back test different trading styles. For example, I want to back test cable on the hourly chart. Say I go long when the 20 moving average crosses the 50 with 100 pip stop and 150 pip target, I want to see how good that is over say 10 years,

Also, can this be done with custom indicators?? Is it simple to create?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

hi

you can find MA EA in this forum

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

dbbpj:
Surely, NinjaTrader's an option. Another paradigm could be to build an appropriate middle-ware layer between MT and ECN platform. You get to harness the existing code base on MT and send packaged instructions that will combine with order processing on ECN.

would it be hard to compile a mac version of mt4? Is the source available?

dbbpj:

would it be hard to compile a mac version of mt4? Is the source available?

Reason: