3 indicator combo that shows promise - page 2

Has anyone noticed if the HI-Lo Reliable dot disappears? I thought it gave me a sell signal 1st, but then when I looked again it was gone..

bnbb2004:
Has anyone noticed if the HI-Lo Reliable dot disappears? I thought it gave me a sell signal 1st, but then when I looked again it was gone..

Until the close of the candle on the time frame you are using it can change colors. Only if the move has enough momentum and pulls away will it not change since before the candle closes it has move far enough away,

pipmagnet:
Hey guys,

I can't seem to download the indy from the first post. Each time I try a page opens with what looks like some computer generated code (not mt4)

What should I do?

Thanks in advance

You are getting code with lots of angled-brackets? That could be because you went right-click/save. Instead, try normal-click and wait for it to prompt you to save.

dinkledorfer:

You open lets say a buy trade when all 3 give you a buy signal. Stay in that position until all 3 give you the sell signal. If you do this, it helps to filter out noise and hiccups. (not perfect but good) You will see spots where you get 2 out of 3 but wait until you get the 3rd. Yes, you may miss a point here and there but when you move, it's more solid.

Hi dinkledorfer,

When one sets his first steps in develloping a system it seems the logic itself to use severall indicators and buy when all indicators are long and sell when all indicators are short. Some people even think that the more indicators one will place on his chart the more reliable the signals will be and the more noise he will filter out.

But if one is using trend following indicators (and that is 99% of the indicators) have moving averages in their calculations and depending on the value you that give them, you will see that some indicators react very quickly and some other with bigger values react slow.

If you would give each indicator a small value then you will see that they all react very quick but that way you give a lot of false signals.

If you give them all big values then you see that you are for many moves to late in the market and that way in consolidation periods you will buy on highs and sell on lows.

Then one thinks you need to give them values that some indicators react quickly and some react slow. But then you will notice that that doesn't make any sence because one will always need to wait till the slowest indicator is in place and this way the slowest indicator will always over-rule the other quick indicators.

In other words, one will notice that you can trow away all indicators and trade only from the slowest indicator. And trading from 1 indicator is not possible or it has to be a holy grail indicator.

In your system you have the same problem.

When the I-XO-A-H indicator is place then 99% of the time the other 2 indicators are also in place so they do not contribute in any way to the reliability of the signals.

If I can give you some help or advice, you will not find any reliable system by placing severall or many trend indicators on a chart that are nearly doing the same thing.

You can maybe think that you will need to look for other indicators or try other combinations. But that is not a solution. Because 99% of the indciators do exactly the same thing.

If you want to devellop a reliable system you will need to use a total different aproach and use other logics.

regards....iGoR

iGoR:
Hi dinkledorfer,

When one sets his first steps in develloping a system it seems the logic itself to use severall indicators and buy when all indicators are long and sell when all indicators are short. Some people even think that the more indicators one will place on his chart the more reliable the signals will be and the more noise he will filter out.

But if one is using trend following indicators (and that is 99% of the indicators) have moving averages in their calculations and depending on the value you that give them, you will see that some indicators react very quickly and some other with bigger values react slow.

If you would give each indicator a small value then you will see that they all react very quick but that way you give a lot of false signals.

If you give them all big values then you see that you are for many moves to late in the market and that way in consolidation periods you will buy on highs and sell on lows.

Then one thinks you need to give them values that some indicators react quickly and some react slow. But then you will notice that that doesn't make any sence because one will always need to wait till the slowest indicator is in place and this way the slowest indicator will always over-rule the other quick indicators.

In other words, one will notice that you can trow away all indicators and trade only from the slowest indicator. And trading from 1 indicator is not possible or it has to be a holy grail indicator.

In your system you have the same problem.

When the I-XO-A-H indicator is place then 99% of the time the other 2 indicators are also in place so they do not contribute in any way to the reliability of the signals.

If I can give you some help or advice, you will not find any reliable system by placing severall or many trend indicators on a chart that are nearly doing the same thing.

You can maybe think that you will need to look for other indicators or try other combinations. But that is not a solution. Because 99% of the indciators do exactly the same thing.

If you want to devellop a reliable system you will need to use a total different aproach and use other logics.

regards....iGoR

Hello iGoR

I would tend to agree with you,just about the time all these indicators on just about all sysytems here seem to agree with each other is also the time when the move is exhausted on the lower time frames are due for a re-tracement or even better yet the trend which looked to be underway was just a head fake.

So where you suggets I (we) look to gett a better picture or at least take a look "from the other side".

Thanks

Iceman

thank you, Igor

a bit general Q,- what is your aproach (methods) in developing systems, 4 example like this?

fxbs:
thank you, Igor a bit general Q,- what is your aproach (methods) in developing systems, 4 example like this?

Hi fxbs,

This topic is dinkledorfers topic and about his system ( not my systems)

I can not start to hijack his topic to explain what system or logics one needs to use instead of the system of dinkledorfer.

The posting I made was only to help or give my opinion on the system here and the way it is working now that this is not a very reliable system.

Maybe he will understand that now and change it in a way that it will become reliable.

regards...iGoR

Multicollinearity

I think what Igor is referred to is a phenomenon called multicollinearity. The definition and some tips of prevention can be seen here or here.

The point is that we should select our indicators from different categories (trend, momentum, volume) to prevent the possible misleading by the identical signals of different indicators that otherwise fall into the same category.

Regards,

Chrisstoff

ibs_rsi_cci_v3 combination : ibs_rsi_cci_v3.mq4

Files:

poster:
ibs_rsi_cci_v3 combination : ibs_rsi_cci_v3.mq4

Good one! I have seen that.

Reason: