Has some1 tried this?

hello all

Basicly what im planing to do is to make an enter in the 5 minutes chart in the direction of the 1h and 4h (assuming both are runing in the same direction)

then using fractals indicator move mi stop loss until I can place it in a candle already signaled on the 1 hr chart and from there follow the trade as a mid term trade.

The reason why im planing to do this is because if u look for an entry point on the 1 hr chart ur stop loss has to be biger than if u entry on the 5 minutes. A smaller stop loss allow u to buy biger lots, and once u are at 10 pips profit u can start by locking 1 until a profitable fractal appears and from there following the trade, I think many trades will get traped before u make it to the 1 hr fractals...but if u manage to make it to it from there u just need to move ur stop loss every one and then until u get caught with a night profit because I guess if u make it to the 1 hr chart u can bank even 100 pips but a bigger size lots

I have a method that's kind of similar. You need a good trend identifier. I use the bands in the pic. I don't use this method a lot, it's just another tool, but I would like to develop it further. Can you post some pics of how you're doing it?

Edit: sorry for the large pic -- not sure how to make it smaller.

Files:
fractal_pic.gif  20 kb

I havent tried the thing yet... it was just one of those "what if I do this" ideas... In fact last night the idea crossed my mind and I couldnt sleep thinking about it sadly the idea crossed my mind on friday... so Ill have to wait for monday to start testing it.

according to ur question if u r asking about what method im using here is the link is on the ff forum Forex Factory

It can be used for entries on larger timeframes but it is intended to be a scalping method... I changed the bolinger bands for the fractals, and as I said on my previous post what im trying to do is to enter on the 5 min chart and then once possible move to a 1hr fractal and baby sit the trade from there

I had replied already but this thing sometimes dont post

If you refer the system im using ill post a link to ff thread the only thing I changed was bolinger bands for fractals

Forex Factory

I have not tested my idea yet... since it crossed my mind just last night... Ill have to wait for monday

I was asking how you were doing this particular method, but thanks anyway. I realize now by your response it's still just an idea.

as I told u it crossed my mind on thursday night ill start trying it next week, I dont know if u r talking about what method im using for entries, if thats the case I left a link to the method im using.

Reason: