Print profit for current chart indicator

I find that not being able to detach charts from the metatrader platform and put them onto different screens a bit of a chore. I like to have multiple charts open, but as I am restricted to one screen with this platform, it looks untidy and squashed and I end up having to close the terminal window. This means that I am not able to see how my trades are doing half the time.

So until the guys at Metaquotes can accomodate me, perhaps some kind soul could assist coding a small indi that sits in the corner of my chart (any corner) and advises me of the current profit or loss for that chart. I don't need it to do anything else. Tried briefly to code this myself... something to do with OrderSelect and OrderProfit I think, but I'm afraid I still don't follow the nuances of the language. I've tried looking for an indi that does this, but I don't seem to have come across any on this site.

Additionally, does anyone know if there are any trading platforms that allow me to put different charts on different screens? I'd quite like an 8 screen bad boy to make me feel like a real man!

i agree with you on the chart's ability to be detached is a very big draw down on MT4. Not sure why they dont implementing it on version 4 still. Perhaps they code only 1 screen?

you can pretty much get multiple screen capability on chart on basically any charting software nowaday, maybe a few still do not, but i dont know any that dont do it.

If you want to trackdown your current profit win or loss, you can use MT4 default indicator, IExposure. This indicator can show you how many lots you use, buy/sell price and net profit. Can be attach on single chart or you can put in on every chart. An example as per below screenshot attached.

Files:
iexposure.gif  24 kb

matfx:
If you want to trackdown your current profit win or loss, you can use MT4 default indicator, IExposure. This indicator can show you how many lots you use, buy/sell price and net profit. Can be attach on single chart or you can put in on every chart. An example as per below screenshot attached.

where i can get obos zone indi at window 1

forexjunior:
where i can get obos zone indi at window 1

I can't remember the link to the indicator, so i attach it here.

Not quite what i was after...

Thanks matfx,

It doesn't quite work for me, but at least I have something to build on now, rather than writing something from scratch.

Will post what ever I come up with here.

Iexposure mod

I am using Iexposure to display trade info about total lots, p&l.

I use several different ea's on same currency pair.

Would it be possible to mod this indi so that it breaks down info by magic no, instead of by currency pair. That way we can see p&l for each ea. I'm sure this will be a useful mod for others aswell.

All help appreciated.

Thanks.

Files:
iexposure.mq4  8 kb

matfx:

would you mind sharing the I-XO-AH indicator that is showing the histograms...

Thanks!

any takers?

Detached Charts in Metatrader

came across this site a few days ago showing ability to detach metatrader charts. google tools4meta should be easy enough to find.

tools4meta - detached windows

Hi, in response to the thread that mentioned detached windows in meta, was recomended this site by a friend tools4meta - Tools for Metatrader

They have a program available called detached windows that allows you to do, well what it says, detach your seperate chart windows within meta from the main program and place them anywhere outside the main program window and on any screen if you have multiple screens.

beeen waiting for this for ages!!!! it also saves the postions, so you dont have to move them all aback etc everytime you start meta, very cool indeed.

another plus point is it assigns the time frame options and crosshair buttons etc to the chart you detach, nice add on.

this is the frst offering i believe from this site and there will be more tools etc in the future.

anyway, check it out lol

Reason: