New Daily System

OK, here's a system I developed and back tested manually from 1/1/08 to today with over 2700 pips trading once daily.

Buy:

13 week exponential moving average is greater than 20 weeks simple moving average

and

13 day exponential moving average is greater than 20 day exponential moving average

and

closing price is greater than 13 day exponential moving average

with 100 pip SL and 100 pip TSL

if stopped out, re-enter same rules at the following day's opening price

---

reverse everything for shorts

---

Like I said, I did this by manually trading it on paper day by day for 2008 but what I'd really like to do is try to make an EA so I can use strategy tester to check it out, but I don't know how to do it

(meanwhile I"ll try to forward test it with microlots and see what happens).

da weasel

Could you post some screen shots of the system in action?

forexweasel:
OK, here's a system I developed and back tested manually from 1/1/08 to today with over 2700 pips trading once daily.

Hi There,

Please post screenshot, indicators plus template.

Thanks

Xard777

I will post a screenshot when I get a chance and the template, but there's no indicators or anything like that on the screenshot although if I could, I'd write an EA that gave an indicator at the close of the daily bar that a trade should be made.

me

Indicator with alarm for your system!

Hi There,

Here is an indicator with alarm that will show you your trades.

Just upload it to your \metatrader\expert\indicators folder andrestart Metatrader.

Just apply it to the weekly with the approriate settings and test on charts.

Set your ma's to 13 and 20 and stop loss and take profit to 100

However I would like to advise that you only trade with the trend and change take profit to 150 pips or 200 pis to get your risk:reward ratios better. That way you can loose 3 to 4 trades out of 10 and still have some spare pips!

So only sell when EMA13<EMA20.

And you can build your own AUTO TRADER FREE REAL TIME ONLINE at this address: Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4

It will really take you ten minutes to build your own.

I could assist you in building it for you .. but you will gain so much more by doing it yourself.

Remember to test first on demo account

Regards

PipSqueek

forexweasel:
I will post a screenshot when I get a chance and the template, but there's no indicators or anything like that on the screenshot although if I could, I'd write an EA that gave an indicator at the close of the daily bar that a trade should be made. me

Which pair did you backtest?

Thanks!

Thanks PipSqueak, will play with that indicator today. I tried that EA builder site, but not sure if I made my EA correctly. re: template there is only two indicators, MA set at period 20 simple in red and MA set at period 13 exponential in green.

Here's a screenshot from a period when the weekly 13EMA is greater than the weekly 20SMA (not shown) indicating an up trend. Going to the daily (see screen shot) I bought at the green lines as per the system and got stopped at at my 100 pip TSL at the red lines. 5 trades before the daily trend switched to down. Note that shorts can not be taken now, since the weekly trend remained up (not shown) 5 trades total for a net of 278 pips.

Because I ddin't have an EA to trade tick by tick, I don't know how accurate this finding is. I'll see if the EA can give better answers.

If this sytem works, its super simple!

PS this is the EURUSD, I calculated +2700 pips for 2008 so far and 1250+ for 2007. Perhaps since the volatility is greater now, the 100pip TSL was more appropriate for 2008 hence the higher return? Anyway, I'll take 1200 pips just as well.

Weaselator

DOH!! obviously got stopped out on 7/3 but forgot to put a red line there, my bad!

Files:
surf.gif  43 kb

cjcornelius:
Hi There,

Here is an indicator with alarm that will show you your trades.

Just upload it to your \metatrader\expert\indicators folder andrestart Metatrader.

Just apply it to the weekly with the approriate settings and test on charts.

Set your ma's to 13 and 20 and stop loss and take profit to 100

However I would like to advise that you only trade with the trend and change take profit to 150 pips or 200 pis to get your risk:reward ratios better. That way you can loose 3 to 4 trades out of 10 and still have some spare pips!

So only sell when EMA13<EMA20.

And you can build your own AUTO TRADER FREE REAL TIME ONLINE at this address: Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4

It will really take you ten minutes to build your own.

I could assist you in building it for you .. but you will gain so much more by doing it yourself.

Remember to test first on demo account

Regards

PipSqueek

Actually, that indicator would have to be tweaked a bit to work for this system: The EMA has to cross the SMA, not EMAxEMA and the daily cross has to coincide with the weekly being crossed in the same direction to signal a trade. Also the daily price has to close above the 13day EMA.

I'll upload the EA I made, but it doesn't give anywhere near the same results on the strategy tester as I got just eyeballing it day by day.

Files:

New EA

Using the EA builder site, I'm re-doing the EA because there are still alot of trades that hit the initial stop loss indicating that a better entry is needed on the smaller TP so I've written it to check the 13EMA crossing the 20SMA on weekly, daily, H4 and H1 before buying if the daily opening price is > 13EMA. Its grinding away on the strategy tester as I write this.

FW

blew up

nope, can't fine tune it that much or it blows up the account. Perhaps fiddling with the SL and TSL?

This looks ok, but not sure how to interpret strategy tester

here's the report as pdfand the graph as a graphic. I will try this a few more times with different MM options. Please give any feedback you think will help fine tune this.

PS this is 1/1/08 through 9/5/08

Files:
Reason: