SDS - Simple Daily System EA - page 11

Adr

arui:
Result from this week- IBFX mini account

Great system, I just think this week was not the best one to check the system.

will update next week.

Duh, didn't consider that! Nice.

What's the original problem ?

I didn't check the lastest DerkWehler's version which seems a little complex, but the original version and the Omelette's ones have both the same bug.

The original version has also a recovery bug which was fixed by Omelette, but the code to fix it has itself the same bug.

Also, as Omelette said, it's NOT reliable to backtest EAs which are calling the OrderHistory, because during the backtest the history called is the real history of the account and NOT the pseudo history generated by the backtest itself. MQ is aware of this incredible bug, but don't care about it.

Now the bug itself comes from the fact that even if the History tab of the terminal is sorted by descending CloseTime, there is no guarantee that scanning the history from the last item the first order found is the last closed one. It is always needed to check this.

the initial code is

int GetLotSizeFactor()

{

int histotal = OrdersHistoryTotal();

if (histotal > 0)

{

for(int cnt=histotal-1;cnt>=0;cnt--) // retrieve closed orders counting from the last.

{

if(OrderSelect(cnt,SELECT_BY_POS,MODE_HISTORY))

{

if(OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber() == EA_MAGIC_NUM)

{

if(OrderProfit() < 0) // latest order close was a loss

{

LotSizeFactor = LotSizeFactor + 1;

return (LotSizeFactor);

}

else // latest order closed was a win

{

LotSizeFactor = LotSizeFactor - 1;

if (LotSizeFactor <= 0)

{

LotSizeFactor = 1;

}

return (LotSizeFactor);

}

}

}

}

}

return (LotSizeFactor); // no trades recorded in history just return the starting number.

}[/PHP]

I would sujest to replace this sub by this one:

int GetLotSizeFactor()

{

int histotal = OrdersHistoryTotal();

datetime LastCloseTime;

bool LastIsLoss;

if (histotal == 0) return (LotSizeFactor); // no trades recorded in history just return the starting number.

else

{

for(int cnt=histotal-1;cnt>=0;cnt--) // retrieve the last closed order

{

{

{

if(OrderCloseTime() > LastCloseTime)

{

LastCloseTime = OrderCloseTime();

LastIsLoss = OrderProfit() < 0;

}

}

}

}

if(LastCloseTime == 0) return (LotSizeFactor); // no trades recorded in history just return the starting number.

if(LastIsLoss) LotSizeFactor += 1;// latest order close was a loss

else LotSizeFactor -= 1;// latest order closed was a win

if (LotSizeFactor <= 0) LotSizeFactor = 1;

return (LotSizeFactor);

}

}

And it is still needed to correct the recovery code in the same manner.

The routine I would use is this one, it doesn't need to recover anything as the lot size is based on the last order directly, which I think is more reliable; it doesn't work with a size factor, but with a size unit :[PHP]double GetLotSize()

{

datetime LastCloseTime;

double NewLots;

for(int cnt=OrdersHistoryTotal()-1;cnt>=0;cnt--) // retrieve the last closed order

{

{

{

if(OrderCloseTime() > LastCloseTime)

{

LastCloseTime = OrderCloseTime();

NewLots = OrderLots() - LotsUnit*(1 - 2*(OrderProfit() < 0));

}

}

}

}

if (NewLots <= 0) return(LotsUnit);

return (NewLots);

}

Here's my monthly statement. I lost internet service around the end of the 1st week in September. The EA is still not placing the correct lot sizes so I will continue testing manually or until the EA is fixed. Good trading to all.

Files:
sds.htm  82 kb

Hi, what is the backtest last years on eur usd and usd jpy ?

thank you

Very worthwhile mod suggestion

I've been running this strategy manually for several weeks due to the lot sizing problem, however, I've not yet tried Derk's version.

I trade 17 pairs, no PSAR or ADR, just the 200 EMA for the signal.

Using the mod below this has been extremely profitable.

If any pair is in a progression but have a new watermark account balance high I halt any and every progression and start over.

This has resulted in never having gone over a 3 unit lot size on any pair.

So what we want to tell the EA to do is, "If I have any pair that has been trading more than 1 unit and my balance reaches an all-time high, stop the propression and start over with 1 unit on every pair.'"

I've tried in vain to code this. If someone could make the mod this thing would be dynamite.

Thanks in advance.

WNW:
I've been running this strategy manually for several weeks due to the lot sizing problem, however, I've not yet tried Derk's version.

I trade 17 pairs, no PSAR or ADR, just the 200 EMA for the signal.

Using the mod below this has been extremely profitable.

If any pair is in a progression but have a new watermark account balance high I halt any and every progression and start over.

This has resulted in never having gone over a 3 unit lot size on any pair.

So what we want to tell the EA to do is, "If I have any pair that has been trading more than 1 unit and my balance reaches an all-time high, stop the propression and start over with 1 unit on every pair.'"

I've tried in vain to code this. If someone could make the mod this thing would be dynamite.

Thanks in advance.

may not be possible, since there is no way to keep track the balance.

anyway the idea is

check x time ago to see what is different, may be able to using array.

if the different is reach certain amount. then reset the unite.

Sure it's possible, "AccountBalance" is an MT language function.

It can be tracked with an array, I just don't know how to do it.

Something like "if the current account balance is higher than the maximum previous account balance that I've been tracking in this array then do this (fill in the blank..)".

agreeably not impossible

If you only need to track highest balance, then you don't need an array for that, but simply a variable. Or two: one for the balance and one for its timestamp. If you want this to survive restart, you may need to keep it on file as well. (Alternatively include an initial account history scan to recover it; though this is easily done wrong )

The other condition, of a pair having traded 1 unit (since when the most recent

highest balance was reached [?]) requires account history processing; not too difficult either. (Or, it could possibly be maintained as a state flag that gets raised as soon as the condition arises; less computation but requires more care to ensure it is maintained correctly )

SDS EA - Posted by nazmtaz

Hi you all,

My 1st time & have just come accross the EA. Thank you all for making it a promising 'FX Machine'.

Just enquiring if anyone would have a set file & have posted as some of the terminology is quite advanced for us simple folks.

Much appreciated & thanks.

Reason: