SDS - Simple Daily System EA - page 9

Hello Safire,

Patience. Derk has already indicated that he would work on the ea but he needs some time to look it over. If your in such a hurry you can always hire a programmer to code it for you. Just a thought. Not being critical. Just letting you know you can do that.

Regards,

Jeff

safire25:
Could someone please code this to trade only on PSAR direction? not Moving average at all

If you look over 1 hour charts at the 0 GMT and were to trade at that time in the direction of the PSAR you will find a high probability the trade will go in that direction.

I trade off the 200 SMA and if PSAR agrees which is safe but I miss any big retracements heading back to the 200 SMA line that would usually always disagree with the PSAR direction and miss the trade.

Maybe if the EA can have a setting to enable Moving Averages just like it does now to enable PSAR?

safire25:

Hi DerkWehler,

I am just using the "Average range of X days" have played with different day durations but I feel 60 days use a more smoother and accurate range which effectively absorbs major spikes here and there.

By using 75% of this I find most of the time it just hits this before reversing, not always of course but a lot of the time.

If you can code the EA to do this daily that would be great but for 60 day range it doesn't change to much day to day, mayne 5-6 pips over a whole week hence why I do this only once per week.

I run this on a 1 hour chart and every morning for me (0 GMT) is when I trigger the EA to do its thing. As I said before I set the trades up every morning at about 23.00 GMT with the correct lot size based on the win loss tracking from the previous day. I also set the PSAR to true so not everyday a pair will trade but withg 10 pairs on average 5-7 pairs will open and only when they close will I set them up for the next day

I hope this makes sense, please ask me to clarify anything, of course if the EA works as intented then all I would have to do is set the TP/SL not the lot's

Safire (& Weezer):

Thank you for the responses. I tried to run both the old version and my modified one, but I think I started it late today; it has to be running at 0:00 to place the trades right? Mine didn't place any on 15 pair, so I must have activated it a few minutes late. I will leave it on for tomorrow and see if it trades.

I will be happy to add the ATR 75% (or "X"%) thing once I see how it does. I must admit my first instinct was to just code my own version of this EA, mostly because I have a ready-made EA template that has a great deal of additional functionality already built in (such as various MM types, a plethora of trailing options, session options, ATR exit, etc).

But I thought it might be more humble and prudent to first see if I could just fix this one. Then test it and if it performs well, perhaps do a re-write. The one thing I would need to implement is this "D'Alembert" MM it uses, which is not too tough, but I would want to add the "Oscars Grind" option as well.

If anyone has been trading this a while and can post some results and details, that would be encouraging (assuming of course they're encouraging).

-Derk

Thankyou DerkWehler for taking the time to look over this EA

I'm not a coder but if theres anything I can do please ask

I put this on a [visual] backtest to see how it took trades, but it took none. Does anyone have any input as to why it will not backtest?

Here is the version I altered a bit; hoping to make the MM work. Might as well let anyone try it who wishes to. However, I wrote a D'Alembert MM routine last night, and am intending to go ahead and re-write the EA as soon as I can.

All the EAs I write use a couple of libraries I have written, so in order to use it, you will have to download 4 extra files. But I will make the process simple with a zip file you can just extract to your main platform folder.

More soon....

-Derk

Files:
sds_derk.mq4  11 kb

Thanks for your support Derk and welcome to the thread.

I've been using Omelette's version of the EA (post#18).

I ran into my first lot sizing problem, I'm using 5 pairs.

Euro placed a 3 lot trade which was correct. Trade was won. Next trade should have been 2 lots, instead it placed an order for 1.

Don't know what details may be pertinent, if anyone needs the trade log I'll be glad to post it.

Thanks to Derk for his efforts here.

SDS_UMM_20dayTPR_asTPSL

Have tested SDS_UMM_20dayTPR_asTPSL from page 6 post 54 since the 25th with the following results. The detailed statement has been created using the Symbols sorted to observe the progression.

When the profit seemed high and there was no apparent TP I used the 15 pip trailing stop as per the the TS option available on the Metatrader platform.

The account is an IBFX mini account and all the settings are default.

John

Files:
sds_demo.htm  31 kb

Happy to c u John

sorry for being away ,here its my statement ,arranged by pairs (just as my friend do )

i think the mm didn't work twice ,first with usd-cad and secon with usd-jpy,

the EA suffered at first and it lost what it got and later it went to profit,i wonder how it will do in a ranging market.

Regards.

Files:

Yeoeleven. You should not use trailing stop in a Binary Equation System like this. Or the system will not work as expected. One of the most important thing in this BES D'lambert lot progression is that the Take Profit and Stop loss shoud be equal (If the Take Profit is 10 pips, The Stop loss should be 10 pips too.) Otherwise if you put trailing stop, the system will no longer be as expected in the long term. Do not forget - no trailing stop but same amount of TP and SL...

yeoeleven:
Have tested SDS_UMM_20dayTPR_asTPSL from page 6 post 54 since the 25th with the following results. The detailed statement has been created using the Symbols sorted to observe the progression.

When the profit seemed high and there was no apparent TP I used the 15 pip trailing stop as per the the TS option available on the Metatrader platform.

The account is an IBFX mini account and all the settings are default.

John

Ts & sl

gorinw9:
Yeoeleven. You should not use trailing stop in a Binary Equation System like this. Or the system will not work as expected. One of the most important thing in this BES D'lambert lot progression is that the Take Profit and Stop loss shoud be equal (If the Take Profit is 10 pips, The Stop loss should be 10 pips too.) Otherwise if you put trailing stop, the system will no longer be as expected in the long term. Do not forget - no trailing stop but same amount of TP and SL...

Thank you Gorin, I did not understand the effects of using a Trailing Stop with this EA.

Please explain how I should handle this situation which occurred in my detailed statement if I considered the price was about to rise and no TP or SL was placed by the EA. The trade had made $85.55 using 10c pips and closed after hitting the 15 pip TS.

9358549 2008.08.27 00:00 sell 0.10 gbpjpym 201.44 192.17 0.00 2008.09.03 18:03 192.17 0.00 0.00 -1.96 85.55

John

Reason: