School of Pimpology - page 5

One question, what is it... cross in picture?

Files:
cl.gif  24 kb

The crosses appear to be some sort indication of a data error. I think they resolve themselves over time as i have witnessed them suddenly disappear.

they usually occour where you have lttle or no price movement in a candle/bar

hope that helps

fx pimp,

why do you use the 7cci inatead of the 10 cci?

frantacech:
One question, what is it... cross in picture?

Hi Frantatech.

The crosses are what are called as data errors, not signals sadly.

I'm currently looking about for a different pivot indicator and will post it as a replacement, along with the template with the ammended pivots.

Just try to ignore them for now and I'll get it fixed as soon as I can.

Thanks for your continued support.

rocwell:
fx pimp, why do you use the 7cci inatead of the 10 cci?

I personally prefer the 7CCI Rocwell to the 10. It retraces just a little tiny bit further. I like to see it cross the 0.0 nicely during a 5m retracement then steam in as soon as it crosses back through. Sometimes the 10 only retraces as far as the 0.0 before turning.

New Pivot

There are many faults with the pivot point indicator I was using, but have found a better one which I attach.

Either substitue the IGP one and replace with the new one, or drop me a line and I'll forward the whole template to you.

Happy Pimpin'

Files:
pivot.mq4  5 kb

Hey Pimp great thread. Good to see some of the guys and gals here too. Great work kepp it up

Tony

How To Lose

An important lesson here for all the novice traders reading this.

It's called 'how to lose'

Very simply by following the techniques in this thread that I adhere to, being that Crude is Daddy bear, Gold is Mummy bear and the FX Majors are Baby bears (or was it something to do with sport?).

Anyway, follow this and you will be successful. Ignore it and you will die !

Look at your lovely long position on GBPUSD. Turned to dust inside 15minutes.

Look at your lovely short play on USDJPY. Turned to dust inside 15 minutes.

Look at your lovely short play on USDCHF. Turned to dust inside 15 minutes.

What can seem like a brilliant set-up can go horrible wrong in a very short space of time.

WHY? Because Crude started to dump and take Gold along for the ride.

I cannot emphasize to any novice trader enough how important it is to keep an eye on these bad-boys !!

May it serve you well!

Files:
cheeky_4.gif  92 kb

Hey Pimp one quick question when you enter either on a green heiny candle or red do you wait for the close of that candle or as soon as it is green or red do you enter. Many thanks...

Very nice thread. I saw this over at FF before from you and your friend...can't remember his name.

It's a solid system that works! Kudos to you for spending the time to try and help others out.

Thanks!

Lux

Reason: