School of Pimpology - page 125

Alive alive ho

Hi Le Pimp

I think you are right - the thread has become a bit quiet. In my opinion its likely due to the success in the Monkey Chat room. As its real time I think lots of stuff is shared and consequently folks are perhaps not posting questions here but in the chat room.

I also think with the new all singing and dancing Monkey Radio station in full swing it takes another level of questions out, as folks are getting answered again in real time.

Personally I love the thread - and enjoy the posts. It can be challenging to follow posts on several different threads and with time limitations I find myself unwilling to spread my time too thinly.

This week I put in over 600 miles driving my broken PC to my mate (who is also the best IT man in the UK - in my opinion), who replaced the motherboard, completed a full system refit and backup, and then returning to collect it. It has meant limited (really limited) access to to charts and other resources. I'm fully back up and running, got myself another screen so now have two 22 inch /56cm monitors. My sun tan is coming along nicely!!

Between us my IT guy and I have been looking at a system spec which might be of interest to other traders. My 'beast' has a quad processor and lots of memory, but interestingly because of the way the chart packages work, one of the main issues is memory caching. What does this mean, well sometimes have a big fast processor may not be the answer. In fact we think that for optimum performance (bandwidth considerations apart) it may be better to go for a PC with a duo processor, but more of this later once we have finished doing some further evaluations.

I am now off to cheer on the mighty Welsh Dragons versus the SpringBoks - Cymru am byth

Fervent Rockie

Morning all,

I've been looking to get into these long-term trades a bit. Managed to get short on GBPUSD on Friday avo after Non-farm Payroll. I've been watching it in this triangle for a while, saw it broke then retrace back. Just sold when the first hourly candle turned red after the retrace, with MAs nicely tucked in behind. Entry at 1.5772, SL above 1.60, targetting 1.50. Let see how it goes.

On my short term stuff I have a tendency to dive into trades when I see moves taking off, leaving me with rather large stops. I figure if I can build a long term book it may eliminate these rash trades as I may all ready be in the trades. I'll still be looking to short cable come Monday on my short term book but if I wake up to find Asia have moved it 200 pips south, I'll be smiling instead of cursing a missed opportunity.

Feel the love Pimp.

Files:
durti.gif  27 kb

Euro may do the same.

Anyway, its Sunday, roast and red wine time.

Files:
durti2.gif  27 kb

USDCHF Triple Top

Anyone looking at USDCHF. Not too sure but could this be a triple top forming. I may wait for a downward move; break the support line, retracement and then get in on the move down. Bit cautios because of the dollar strength we've seen of late.

Files:
ushchf.jpg  87 kb

Good Morning

Morning all.

I hope you had a nice weekend.

I think Swissie might move up a little pit thus morning but have a sneaky suspicion that Gold is going to break so eyes peeled for this.

The Swissie set-up is on Facebook

Files:
cheeky2_4.gif  48 kb

Great analyse from Mr. Pimp are money for me...........but also HIGH SCHOOL OF TRADING.

Thank you.

Hi Pimp,

I've been trying to find a post explaining the addition of the Stochs, would you [or anyone else] please direct me to it?

Thanks and happy pipping,

fxdiva:
Hi Pimp,

I've been trying to find a post explaining the addition of the Stochs, would you [or anyone else] please direct me to it?

Please direct it to me as well...

chonpz@hotmail.com

Addition of the Stochs

fxdiva:
Hi Pimp,

Please, direct it to me jjibento@gmail.com

Thanks

Julio

little summary

Hello mr. Pimp.

This is my first post on thi forum and it belongs to you.

Great system and nice work from you. Thanks a lot.

I have just begin to start learning your strategy and I prepared little summary of your method. I just want to know if I am wrong or right.

So here it comes:

1) Step one: I have to detrmine the main 4hr trend. So I look at my 84cci on 1H charts on crude and gold. If they are in same direction I can move to step two.

2) Step two: I have a trend and I want to know which pair is the best. I compare the 84cci from the i.e. three pairs: E/U, U/CH, E/CH.

For example the EUR is strongest and USD is weakest. 84cci is in the direction as crude and gold. Moving into the step three.

3) Step three: I open my 15M chart of chosen pair EUR/USD and look at the multiTF EMAs. If they are in the good order (5M 20, 15M 20, 60M 20 and 4H 20) then I can go in step four.

4) Step four: I open the 5M chart on E/U. I check the EMAs order and wait for Heiken Ashi trigger with 7cci retreacement. If everything is correct I enter the trade on first HA candle.

Then I set my mind SL on the last trigger and my PT will be when the 63cci from my 5M chart goes back into (0;100) or (-100;0) cci area.

Is this process correct or am I totally wrong?

If I am correct how many times per week in average can I find this situation?

Thanks a lot

Ladik

Reason: