I'm RICH! The Holy Grail! - page 10

fxbs:
speaking of wich:

where it all started (normaly nobody would care about grails, but here's when things start getting interesting)

Just my oppinion, Why don't we just open trade when the MA on chart changing color/trend & MA on subwindows also show same trend (don't care cross 0.25/0.50/0.75) ? Coz as I see those MA is smooth and not easily change direction. We exit trade when MA on sub windows already touch it's peak/Top most or valley/Low most ?

Btw I don't have the indicators, so I don't know other part of the chart how those MA react when the market is raging. My oppion just base on your pictures

Goen:
Just my oppinion, Why don't we just open trade when the MA on chart changing color/trend & MA on subwindows also show same trend (don't care cross 0.25/0.50/0.75) ? Coz as I see those MA is smooth and not easily change direction. We exit trade when MA on sub windows already touch it's peak/Top most or valley/Low most ? Btw I don't have the indicators, so I don't know other part of the chart how those MA react when the market is raging. My oppion just base on your pictures

Hi Goen, for sure those pictures are in ranging mode.

Indicator TEST

Long???

Files:
ws000678.jpg  239 kb

Big Joe:
Hi Goen, for sure those pictures are in ranging mode.

So it's categorize as quite bad raging market, so we can do like my oppinion ?

Too bad I don't have the indicators

hehehe ... never mind, I'll find my way to upgrade my system

I just give my oppinion

maccavity:
Don't pay attention to the barking jackals, Simba! You are the lion of forex! You are the king!! Let your generous actions not to depend on narrow-minded people! Embrace the seeking traders with your noble heart!:)

Ohh...But I like jackals,they are funny to play with....;)

I have a question: Can you base your entire strategy on a single indicator(or two or more different variations)?

mystified:
I have a question: Can you base your entire strategy on a single indicator(or two or more different variations)?

1-NO.

2-You can`t base it on a single timeframe either.

3-You have to filter Noise...discover the signal....then,when 2 or 3 timeframes align...you just enter.

4-you can JUST use PA.

mystified:

two... hmm... - but three!

(but the more - the better, off course)

some people might need 5

Comment on IN10TION-Type indicator etc

SIMBA:
Hi mladen,

Congratulations for your indicator,and for the way you have to filter it with a "non lag ma" or similar,looks very profitable.

It probably is a "digitalized" RSI or Laguerre RSI,probably with some "Al Larson PFE structure added"...the fact that the indicator`s range goes beyond 0-100 range tells me that it has been "digitalized"...I remember Malcik and myself working hundreds of hours(Thanks again Malcik,you did an exceptional job) to make and test "satl" version of WPR and of Laguerre RSI(with and without PFE structure),and a common characteristic of those versions was that always the range o-100 or 0 minus 100(for wpr) was exceeded when digital filters coefficients were applied to the indicators,we used many different coefficients derived from cyclic analysis,and ALL exceeded the usual 0-100 range....what you posted does too ...only the ones that had adopted some PFE(Polarized Fractal Efficiency) structure had the shape yours has AND at the same time exceeded the 0-100 range.

Contrary to what was posted by another member,this kind of "digitalized" indicator works extremely well in ranging markets...as you said,so,I am sure you might enter when it leaves the extreme if your "nonlag ma" agrees with it..With these indicators,the trick is to enter when it "gets away" from the extreme..and reverse when it "leaves" the other extreme.....since the digital filters coefficients make it extremely smooth and responsive,usually,contrary to Laguerre,rsi,stoch,etc..when it leaves the extreme,it continues doing so...stop must be either a close above/below previous high/low or a change in the slope negative/positive of the indicator.

The problem we had were the trending markets,then the only solution was to increase the timeframe...and even so,if you tested long enough you found some trend that invariably destroyed most profits...May I ask you how have you solved this issue?

Well,long disgression,and I can be absolutely wrong ...but I like your indicator and appreciate your work.

Regards

Simba

Hi Simba ,

As a Newbie to the Forum this indicator reminds me of something I came across in my travels called a SIROC indicator which was an oscillator Indicator [ between 0 to 100 ] Longhand it was described as a

" smoothed indexed[ ie 0 to 100] Price rate Rate of Change Indicator "

The smoothing seems to accept the Rate of change value instead of the

price . It also had its own MovAVg , or a second crossover line

Hope this gives ue a clue

Melco

p.s. also depends on the size and what you do with it...

Reason: