Braydensgrail The System

Introduction: After many years of trading systems, becoming a forum junkie, testing ea’s, joining signal alert sights, with no great success, I decided to put together my own system I call it Braydensgrail, I named the system in honor of my son : ) Sorry if your still looking for the holy grail system in the forex market keep looking because this is not it. If by chance you do find it however please come back and share it I would be curious to finally know what it looks like. However with my experience and common sense I have created what I believe is a powerful tool for surviving and trading in the forex market. This is not a scalping method. I don’t like watching a 5 min chart and trying to decide what the market is going to do next it gives me a headache. I am looking for the big 100-200 pip moves that occur in pairs.

The System:

1) Open any Forex chart, put the “Williams Percent Range” indicator just use the standard settings you don’t have to change anything. Next click and drag the “RSI” over the Williams Percent Range Indicator, using standard settings. Ok you’re done.

2) Next double-click “Accelerator Oscillator” once you have that on your chart click and drag the “Stochastic Oscillator” over it using standard settings.

Now, when the “Williams Percent Range” crosses below the “RSI” and the “Stochastic” and Accelerator Oscillators” cross below zero (0) at the same time, GO short! When the Williams Percent Range crosses over the “RSI” and the “Stochastic and Accelerator Oscillators” cross above zero at the same time, GO long!

Both these indicators work well on the H4 and Daily time frames. As an added option, I put a 50, 100, and 200 MA on my charts to both use a filter and trend direction.

Note: The red lines are were the indicators/indicator crossed and trades were taken. If you notice the Williams/RSI sometimes crosses first or the Stochastic/AC crosses first (you could use this as an early entry if you want to) these indicators are powerful enough to be used independently. I will sometimes enter the market early if I feel price action is going to cooperate, however I am more confident about a trade when all the indicators are reflecting one another. Other key factors the can influence my trading but not always are trend direction and fundamental reports such as news.

Money Management: I am not going to talk allot about it here you can read more on my blog Braydensgrail’s Weblog basically as a "general rule" I never risk more than 1% of total equity on any trade. I use a mental stop loss of -73 pips (depending on the pair and market conditions I sometimes increase it to -100 or more). If I have a trade open that is not yet in profit and I am going to bed or not going to be next to the computer for a few days I will place a stop loss with my broker. When a trade hits one pip profit I put a 15 or 25 point trailing stop on it (However in the market is acting volatile I will increase the trailing stop) and let it run until I am stopped out, but you can use which ever size trailing stop you want or your broker offers.

2nd Note: Hi there folks, I won’t be posting any more signals on this thread (I never intended to make this thread a place to give signals) I just though I would post a few trades to let you all see how this system works, and because I received a few e-mails asking me to post, bank statements, credit card numbers, trading statements, etc.... ,so I though I would just post some trades instead, I hope that suffices. If you want to keep track of how my trading is going with this system go here: Braydensgrail’s Weblog

Otherwise, I would like to move on to other ways that we can improve this system that I may have missed. Read, learn, post, be happy, and thanks for stopping by.

Files:

I read another post about 12 WPR and RSI 9 crossing. Can't remember exactly where though. What are the standard settings. Mine come up automatically the way they were set on the last chart I used them on. I like the addition of the AO and the Stoch but again I need the settings of the stoch. I will definitely check them out. Actually 73 pip drawdown isn't that bad on a daily chart but on a 4 hr it's a little high. Looking forward to the charts when you figure them out. Sorry I can't help, but have never taken the time to try yet. If you were really confident on the 73 pips this would be a good strategy to use martingale on as well. (Then you would need to know your per cent wins vs losses). Do you have any of that info to share. I like this idea thanks terry

congratulation for the best holy grail

hi

congrat for your first baby , please post your chart to make it clear to everyone here

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

prasxz:
congrat for your first baby , please post your chart to make it clear to everyone here

===================

With 1008 posts are you going to tell him how??

?

on the stoch does both the main and signal line have to cross the zero line?

thnx

If you don't have snagit or any other image capture utility, then in MT4, go to file\save as picture\active chart. Then just name it something, save to your desktop, and attach it to a post. Also, default settings change with every use, so just tell us your settings or post a template. Save template as, name it, and then attach to post.

Agentfx:
... I would be more than happy to post a few charts If someone is willing to show me how.

criss73:
on the stoch does both the main and signal line have to cross the zero line? thnx

Hi, criss73

Yes, and it is also a good idea for the Williams to cross over the RSI at the same time as well. When this happens I call this a strong signal because the trend tends to last a bit longer.

prasxz:

===================

thanks prasxz,

There is a chart on my post

Indicators

How to drag one indicator on other? Thanks for help. BRGDS

Reason: