Free EA from Pro-Fx-Experts - page 4

Ea

tsundevil,

Thanks for the detailed explanation. A few more questions if you don't mind: Would you be able to explain a bit further about the reverse feature? Does that come into play when the currency is stopped out at a loss (not sure by looking at your statement, it looks as if there is one reverse trade placed by itself)? Also have you tried this EA on the hourly t/f? And how long have you been testing the EA - any other information you can think of that I haven't asked, please let me know.

Regards,

Sam

Since Stochastic is used normally for a ranging market, as you indicated, then what protection does the EA have to protect itself from a trend??

Dave

Snunes & Others:

This is a black Box Ea (code is not available) so I have no idea how this EA functions, I would assume any timeframe under 30 minutes would result in whipsaws since it's using EMA & Stochastic, also keep in mind in the statement I posted we have some trending in those (4) curriencies, the best test of the EA is when the market is ranging for several days, to see what kind of damage it may make, it seems to make a quick reversal if something is not right. The only change I would make is the take profit is 500 for gbp/usd, that is to high usually with trending market you might get 165 pips in a run, that might be a better change for GPB/USD and maybe 110 pips for EUR/USD as take profit. stops and lock etc appear quite good., last week did have a losing trade of the full 90 pips on gbp/usd when the market changed during a report, thus would close this down when a major report is about to happen.

At least with this EA you can change the settings to fit your risk level, basically the question was asked about timeframes I would only test it on 30 min & 60 min timeframes, might try a 4 hour, but try it on trending pairs.

As stated it needs more testing and would like to see how it runs on several pairs during non-trending periods and see if it does any damage.

what is the best EA you guys encountered so far?

better yet, (question to all) what EA you are using live that has proven to generate good results?

thanks.

marvado:
what is the best EA you guys encountered so far?

better yet, (question to all) what EA you are using live that has proven to generate good results?

thanks.

None...

I have not found a good manual system either. Good manual system for me means for 50% max draw down, 100% average annual return.

Live Account

I test it in live account so far no action

Aminlv:
I test it in live account so far no action

be patient..it will work..

Attached results on This expert using FXDD Demo from March 25th using DEFAULT with 0.10 lots on Curriencies and Timeframes on Attached GIF, have run with Interbank & Alpari with very similiar results. Best run from start of trading week 24/5. I picked these timeframes and curriencies for best mix, you can try others recommend 30 Min and 1 Hr only.

Indicators are My own, does not affect expert.

Files:
pro-fxfxdd.htm  29 kb
fxddgif.gif  73 kb

txsundevil:
Attached results on This expert using FXDD Demo from March 25th using DEFAULT with 0.10 lots on Curriencies and Timeframes on Attached GIF, have run with Interbank & Alpari with very similiar results. Best run from start of trading week 24/5. I picked these timeframes and curriencies for best mix, you can try others recommend 30 Min and 1 Hr only. Indicators are My own, does not affect expert.

Thank you for the testing you have done. I see the EA is performing well.

Hi All. I loaded this ea on gbpusd, usdjpy, usdchf, eurusd, eurchf, eurjpy - 30M chart on an fxdd demo and did not get great results: 1 winner and 4 losers. So I reloaded the ea on the 1H chart for the same pairs and it's running like a champ. I wish I knew more about the design concept behind the EA though.

Thanks for what looks like a terrific ea though

Reason: