Post your code blocks here

Hello to all:

I have read alot in these forums and thought it was time to jump in and start participating.

I would like to start this thread with the idea of creating snippits of code so that all could use them in there indicators or EA's.

For example a snippet of code would be just a buy or sell order or drawing a line on the chart. Let your creative juices start to flow and lets start using some generic mql 4 codes so that all can use them.

Happy coding too all thanks

Code Blocks Starter

Use these to experiment with. Be blessed!

Rev Dave

Files:

Thanks Dave,

thats a great start but there seems to be some things missing from that zip file.

I would hope that this discussion would bring forth ideas of how to regulate the programming of an EA so that anyone could just copy and paste code onto a template and then have there own EA working.

though the zip file is a great place to start this is hardly complete and I would hope that everyone here would contribute code to somehow regulate the EA building process. in other words make it understandable and easy to make an EA.

Thanks for your input.

dracos56:
Thanks Dave,

thats a great start but there seems to be some things missing from that zip file.

I would hope that this discussion would bring forth ideas of how to regulate the programming of an EA so that anyone could just copy and paste code onto a template and then have there own EA working.

though the zip file is a great place to start this is hardly complete and I would hope that everyone here would contribute code to somehow regulate the EA building process. in other words make it understandable and easy to make an EA.

Thanks for your input.

Sorry, but what you are looking for (cut & paste coding) is simply not possible with MQL in practice. Legions of newbie coders continually ask for code for such-and-such a function, only to be encounter fustration when the helpers code - who presumes that those asking can actually code, and only provides a 'general principle' code offering - is pasted into their EA and it doesn't work. The 'helper', realising his mistake, then feels compelled to waste time fixing the offending EA - been there, done that, many times!

And there are a few people on TSD, that blatantly try this, again and again...

thanks dave for ya kindness

Has anyone heard of the "Expert Advisor Builder"?

Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4

It's powerful enough to code about 60% of all trading strategies out there, with a much easier learning curve than coding from scratch.

Ronald Raygun:
Has anyone heard of the "Expert Advisor Builder"?

Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4

It's powerful enough to code about 60% of all trading strategies out there, with a much easier learning curve than coding from scratch.

Is there a indicator builder also in existence??

Dave

cool if we had library (archive) with catalog of staff like this

do we have something of sorts?

#indicator Properties Color-levels-windows Sizing

This will help some people who like to tweak the indicator window displays.

Reason: