Tro Dynamic Trend Indicator - page 4

Is anyone using this indicator?

TheRumpledOne:
Is anyone using this indicator?

Hi TRO,

I have had it on some charts for a week or so and it is very interesting watching it.

I currently have an MTF set up, and look to take trades in any direction indicating strength on higher, 4h, 1h, 30m and 15m, TF's, using 5 and 1 min charts for entry with some PA analysis.

Don't know if this is what you designed it for, but it is looking good so far.

Thanks for creating and posting it.

If you ever had any thoughts of a variant, I would love to have a histogram to show the historical trend strength as a combined value of the higher TF's. Would make one myself if I could.

Happy trading,

G-Man

Hi G-Man:

Please post a chart or two.

Thanks.

TheRumpledOne:
Hi G-Man:

Please post a chart or two.

Thanks.

Hi TRO,

I have attached a my current EURUSD set up using your indi.

As you can see I have the 4hr, 1hr, 30 / 15 / 5 and 1 min displayed on a 1 min chart, together with some stochastics.

When the longer timeframes show strength in one direction, i.e. 4 hr 8-2, 1 hr 9-1, 30 min 7-3, then I look for some scalp entries off the 1 min, either through PA or using the stochs for entry.

Just scalping so look for 6 pips profit with a protection 10 pip stop. Missed a few entries yesterday, but got a ratio of 13:2 W/L.

What I think would be useful, particularly as this is a real time indi and you have no possibility of using it to backtest, would be a histogram plot using the same type of strength meters, but only 1 for each plotted bar, either red or green, of the cummulative value of the 3 or 4 timeframes of your choice.

For example, if 4 hr is 8:2, 1 hr 8:2 and 30 min 9:1, then the meter would show 6+6+8, i.e. the net of each added. I don't know if this is possible, but would help considerably in reviewing data and improving any strategies ustilising the indi.

Hope this makes sense.

Good trading,

G-Man

Files:
tro_1.gif  33 kb

G-Man:

It is possible.

Though I would do it as colored bars.

Thank you for posting your chart.

Here is mine TRO :

Thanks again for the indi

Files:
tro_indi.jpg  131 kb

Hey Big Joe:

Those boxes around the meters look great. Please post your modified version.

Thanks

Dear TRO,

This is absolutely fab piece of work. I played with your indicator and came up with the following template...

Thanks a stack, Kris

Files:
tro_trend.gif  19 kb

Tokarus:

Great job!

Please post and share your template.

Thanks.

Sure, here is the template file...

Thanks again, Kris

Files:
tro_trend.tpl  52 kb
Reason: