OILFXPRO TRENDMASTER double macd EA freeversion - page 2

matrixebiz:
"extern int Duration = 0; // Time to kill pending orders if untrigger"

Is this in Days or Hours or Seconds?

Thanks

Thanks for the question, it is a reminder for me in this case. I left out this important function, its not complete on the previous version. Please redownload the latest version.

Duration=Seconds to kill untrigger pending orders.

eg.

Duration=3600seconds

Open Pending Buy 1.2000 at 23:55

Trade not trigger

Kill Pending Buy 1.2000 at 00:55

eg2.

Duration=4200seconds

Open Pending Sell 115.00 at 15:00

Trade not trigger

Kill Pending Sell 115.00 at 14:10

Hope this help.

Regards

David

Files:

oilfxpro:
Davidke20

Firstly thank you for compiling this EA.

when 1st set of MACD above is 0.0007 whilst 2nd set above 0 to trigger buy.This is correct.

Please input adjustable trigger levels for both macds ,should we decide to use a trigger other than zero for the second MACD ,it is always available.

Also require pips for entry (pips value of x pips is added to longs and pips value of x pips is deducted from short price before entry ..............example Long entry signal is 1.2000 ,pips for entry 10 ,actual entry would be 1.2210 ...........short entry would be at 1.2000 - 0.0010 =1.9990)

Thanks

Best Regards

OILFXPRO

OK. Here you go. Good luck.

extern int Magic_number = 772188;

extern int Take_Profit = 700;

extern int Stop_Loss = 70;

extern int TrailingStop = 70;

extern double Lots = 0.1; // Lot size

extern int Gap = 20; // Pending orders distance

extern int Slippage = 3; // Slippage tolerence

extern int Duration = 0; // Time to kill pending orders if untrigger

extern string MACD_Setup;

extern int Fast_EMA1 = 12;

extern int Slow_EMA1 = 18;

extern int Signal1 = 15;

extern double Trigger1 = 0.0007;

extern int Fast_EMA2 = 40;

extern int Slow_EMA2 = 104;

extern int Signal2 = 36;

extern double Trigger2 = 0.0000;

extern bool CloseNReverse = false; // If opposite signal occur, close previous trade

Regards

David

p/s: Please find updated version at here

Could someone explain to me how to read the two MACD indicators so I know what triggers a trade, then I can adjust the indicator settings for other currencies.

also, David can you add in addition to the Duration option, to have another option of closing all pendings on a certain date, like if I wanted to close off all pendings at Friday 5:00PM so the EA can start fresh in the new week.

Thank you

matrixebiz:
Could someone explain to me how to read the two MACD indicators so I know what triggers a trade, then I can adjust the indicator settings for other currencies.

also, David can you add in addition to the Duration option, to have another option of closing all pendings on a certain date, like if I wanted to close off all pendings at Friday 5:00PM so the EA can start fresh in the new week.

Thank you

Try this 1. If you use FridaySafe, it will close off all orders after broker time breached your preset HH:MM 24hr.

Regards

David

Files:

davidke20:
Try this 1. If you use FridaySafe, it will close off all orders after broker time breached your preset HH:MM 24hr.

Regards

David

Ok, thanks man, this setting will only close all Pending trades but leave the ones that are already triggered, correct?. Can you point me to the right thread that explains how to read the MACD indicators so I can understand when it signals. Not sure how the Red line corresponds to the Wave and what provides the signal to Buy or Sell. Thanks

matrixebiz:
Ok, thanks man, this setting will only close all Pending trades but leave the ones that are already triggered, correct?. Can you point me to the right thread that explains how to read the MACD indicators so I can understand when it signals. Not sure how the Red line corresponds to the Wave and what provides the signal to Buy or Sell. Thanks

NO. It closes anything with the same magic number on the same symbol. MACD can have many usage, some people like to trade the Moving Average of Oscillator(OsMA). Some people like to trade the SMA9 and EMA12-26. The most top of the range is the real MACD trader because as the MACD name is Moving Average Convergence Divergence, its most effective to trade Convergence and Divergence. But trust me, I bet half the world of trader failed to practice it. Because when you put the indicator on the H4 chart for divergence trading purpose, you can hardly get a trade in a month, dont even mention daily. If you need more defination on MACD, you can just google it. Tons of free material out there.

Besides, this EA doesn't work with the traditional MACD trading. Its solely based on Cid's idea that when Histogram crossed 0.0007 to make a buy and -0.0007 to make a sell trade. So, here we are.

Regards

David

davidke20:
NO. It closes anything with the same magic number on the same symbol. MACD can have many usage, some people like to trade the Moving Average of Oscillator(OsMA). Some people like to trade the SMA9 and EMA12-26. The most top of the range is the real MACD trader because as the MACD name is Moving Average Convergence Divergence, its most effective to trade Convergence and Divergence. But trust me, I bet half the world of trader failed to practice it. Because when you put the indicator on the H4 chart for divergence trading purpose, you can hardly get a trade in a month, dont even mention daily. If you need more defination on MACD, you can just google it. Tons of free material out there.

Besides, this EA doesn't work with the traditional MACD trading. Its solely based on Cid's idea that when Histogram crossed 0.0007 to make a buy and -0.0007 to make a sell trade. So, here we are.

Regards

David

Ok, thanks for the explanation.

Can you make a new EA that adds to only closes the pendings on Friday.

Then that should be it

Thank you

@David, here is an EA that closes only pending orders. Can you use this code and have it only close on Fridays as you did with the previous EA and merge them since I only want it to close pendings on Friday according to magic Number not All trades Thanks

EDIT: Can I just delete the following code from your new EA, so it still leaves Active/open Buy/Sell positions? ;

//Close opened long positions

case OP_BUY : result = OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_BID),Slippage,Pink);

break;

//Close opened short positions

case OP_SELL : result = OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_ASK),Slippage,Pink);

break;

matrixebiz:
@David, here is an EA that closes only pending orders. Can you use this code and have it only close on Fridays as you did with the previous EA and merge them since I only want it to close pendings on Friday according to magic Number not All trades Thanks

EDIT: Can I just delete the following code from your new EA, so it still leaves Active/open Buy/Sell positions? ;

//Close opened long positions

case OP_BUY : result = OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_BID),Slippage,Pink);

break;

//Close opened short positions

case OP_SELL : result = OrderClose(OrderTicket(),OrderLots(),MarketInfo(OrderSymbol(),MODE_ASK),Slippage,Pink);

break;

Yes, you are right. You can see my codes already have all the codes included the OP_SELLSTOP & OP_BUYSTOP. No point for me to make another version with lesser function, so you can change my code, and it will give you immediate effect. Remove the case with OP_SELL && OP_BUY from the order close function. Leave the OP_BUYSTOP & OP_SELLSTOP on the EA will do.

Regards

David

Cool One last thing, looks like it only opens one trade at a time, is this the way it is supposed to work until the pending trade is triggered or deleted?

EDIT: Do these trades agree with the indicators?

Don't see any rhyme or reason, EA trades when bar is below red line and also when bar is above red line.

Files:
oil.jpg  87 kb
Reason: