I will make 2 EAs for free - page 5

omelette:
But that just doesn't work - as I understand what you have written, using 0.1 standard lot ($1 pip) and 2 pip spread, when down -1 pip, the account d/d is $3 ((2 + 1) * $1). opening a 0.15 hedge results in an additional $3 (2 * $1.5). Closing all immediately just leaves you with a $6 loss!

Moreover, the calculations in the pic. you posted take no account of spread at all. All on top of the fact that slippage (also not mentioned) on NFP will almost certainly be negative and horrendous...

Or have I gone of at a tangent!

...okay you buy EUR/USD at 1.406 at $1 lot * 2pip spread, the price goes down to 1.403 and now you have a -3 pip loss plus the spread. At what point

should a hedge be placed at $1.5 lot counter the negitive equity? Factor the spread for the hedged order too...

...so a hedged order goes in close to base order at higher lots, then all oders are closed with profit...

...a higher hedged lot maybe recommended to counter the negitive with an overall positive...

...thank you for analyzing this strategy, perhaps you have any suggestions?

InTrance:
I have some time now during holidays but also after them for a few days. I'd like to choose from a few good ideas and make 2 new EAs for the community to enjoy. Please post your ideas.

So, it is about time that the holidays are over. No EAs so far????

And that was were this was all about in the first place.

roodstaart:
So, it is about time that the holidays are over. No EAs so far???? And that was were this was all about in the first place.

I am still waiting for some of my free EAS going back over 3 years.

Maybe he was just looking for ideas for commercial EAS

Maybe he is professional about it and serious about choosing the right ones.

oilfxpro

Yes, well I haven't yet decided. Maybe because of the holiday not many people visit the board. It's ok, I can still find some time.

mycode:
...okay you buy EUR/USD at 1.406 at $1 lot * 2pip spread, the price goes down to 1.403 and now you have a -3 pip loss plus the spread. At what point

should a hedge be placed at $1.5 lot counter the negitive equity? Factor the spread for the hedged order too...

...so a hedged order goes in close to base order at higher lots, then all oders are closed with profit...

...a higher hedged lot maybe recommended to counter the negitive with an overall positive...

...thank you for analyzing this strategy, perhaps you have any suggestions?

I'm sorry but it does not work this way in reality - once you open the hedge, you then need price to move in favor of the hedge position before you can close all positions at a profit, otherwise, account d/d will occur exactly like I calculated - a net negative value!

Moreover, if price moves against your hedge position the instant you open it, you have simply managed to compound you problems instead of reducing d/d. - at least that's my take on things!

=== deleted by tdion ===

omelette:
I'm sorry but it does not work this way in reality - once you open the hedge, you then need price to move in favor of the hedge position before you can close all positions at a profit, otherwise, account d/d will occur exactly like I calculated - a net negative value! Moreover, if price moves against your hedge position the instant you open it, you have simply managed to compound you problems instead of reducing d/d. - at least that's my take on things!

...okay here are some what ifs; and some parameters;

1. what-if the market whip-saws, and the hedge position is opened, now you have a base, and a hedge position opened, the price is heading in favor

of the base position...

2. a parameter to counter this is to have a trailing profit stop(close all positions)set at 1-5 pips

to capture profit before the tick heads in the opposite direction...

...I think it is doable

oilfxpro:
Show us the fib trade reports

Copycats losers on of 95% club

OILFXPRO

Ah I see you refer to the BGX EA. Which is plain shit if you ask me.

It's missing alot of very important aspects and rules of the BGX.

I've never really used an EA. Imho at some point the human beats the machine in trading. If you have a very technical strategy the EA might perfom even better because no emotions are involed but the BunnyGirl Rules are to "complex" to be

executed by a machine.

Example: "Classic BunnyGirl 3-in-a-bed" Trade

You don't know if to breakout is going to push price higer/lower.

But I see the doji showing upside resistance from the purple GMT Daily O Line so enterd a short and set the SL 5 pips behind the GMT line.

Teach that a computer.

Exampe2: Filter near GMT Line

It was very likly that the price would bounce of the GMT line so I did

not enter at the filter rather than the close of the bar that broke our

Support Line. Once again I could minimize my stop (and increasing R/R) by putting the stop behind the gmt which is now resistance.

I could show you millions of examples where a person trades smarter than a PC. "Not entering 20min befor NFP etc etc"

User lcfxtrader sent me an interesting system, I will start working on it soon.

There is still room for one EA...

Reason: