$600-$800 week ? - page 6

w4rn1ng:
The traders that really can move the price, don't take their decision looking some lamer indicators!

Traders that move price are not called traders, they are called BROKERS!! LOL!!

w4rn1ng:
The traders that really can move the price, don't take their decision looking some lamer indicators!

Read a couple of "market wizards" series books (the new market wizards is an excellent book!) or elders "entries and exits".

You'll might see things a bit differently after that..

edit: and to be clear, I consider bollinger bands, pivot lines, hand drawn support lines and every other non-bar thing drawn on chart an indicator so my view on what is an indicator might be different than yours.

I heard once that the big guys start a cascade by popping a big trade and waiting..they get the ball rolling so to speak...

ES

ElectricSavant:
I heard once that the big guys start a cascade by popping a big trade and waiting..they get the ball rolling so to speak... ES

Lol! of course wouldnt you? if i could do a profitable dump that would move the market in a predictable way i could profit on AGAIN.. would i do it? hmmmm... give me one second to think on that one.

Are you getting returns even remotely similar to this? Not necessarily with this one, but with the others in your bag of tricks?

omelette:
Sorry, I don't agree. There are guys trading manually, doing 10-40 futures contracts that would make the amount mentioned here in minutes, if not seconds! Of course, these guys are in a different league - I can barely bring myself to trade 2 contracts (normally it's just 1... ) But I will say that I have often made 300-500 with this 'small' a size, in a matter of minutes. That said, I have often lost it just as quickly...

It's the monotony of waiting for trades (followed by blind panic) that gets to me, so I aspire like everyone else to having the whole shebang automated. Below are the backtest stats for my current 'hopeful' - looks good, but these are afterall backtests. However, below that is my current forward test (1 month approx.) - still not too shabby, and would have been even better but for two losses today.

PS - Saying you can't code is a cop-out. You will be completely dependent on others until you lose that attitude (imo)....

tdion:
Are you getting returns even remotely similar to this? Not necessarily with this one, but with the others in your bag of tricks?

I am not making anything with any of them atm, simply because I do not have a MT broker that will allow this sort of trading. As I have said repeatedly, these are all backtests, but there are some hopeful signs when forward tested. I opened an account with Aleccohfx specifically for this, but they class trades that stay open on average 1 hour, 5-10 per day, as scalping (as this EA does) - go figure! I'm eagerly awaiting his 'finalised' scalping product, but I'm sure of one thing - if unrestricted trading that follows the Aleccohfx scalping guidelines is actually permitted (this time!), the feed will be completely different (read, filtered) from what is available now, 'cos one thing that is glaringly obvious - profitable traders are not welcome, despite the insessant rhethoric! Of course, I profoundly hope that I am proved wrong

So, what I am working on atm is getting MT talking to Interactivebrokers so I can be done with bucketshops completely, and that it proving non-trivial...

Reason: