How to make MT4 auto refresh - page 3

mladen:
Never payed attention to that, and now when I tried it it really pushes up the CPU usage sky high. Simple moving - no other action. Strange at the least

Funny : took build 509 and did the same. And the CPU usage was the same. They are having that problem already from some older versions not just now. Seems that event handler in metatreder is a poor coded part regardless of the version of metatarder - the same happens with metatrader 5 too

mladen:
Funny : took build 509 and did the same. And the CPU usage was the same. They are having that problem already from some older versions not just now. Seems that event handler in metatreder is a poor coded part regardless of the version of metatarder - the same happens with metatrader 5 too

Tried the same thing with some other apps and , for example, firefox did not change the CPU usage at all even when I was moving the mouse over a bunch of links like crazy. Goooood job metatrader

techmac:
Tried the same thing with some other apps and , for example, firefox did not change the CPU usage at all even when I was moving the mouse over a bunch of links like crazy. Goooood job metatrader

You are searching in wrong direction, try.... Metaeditor?

Seems I expressed myself wrong : applications that must monitor each ad every mouse move are not causing my cpu overload, and mtetrader terminal does (and terminal has very little actions assigned to mouse compared to web browsers, for example). So, it seems that there are a lot of things that they simply tell "oh, that is easy" and it all ends up in slowing down the whole thing (the same stuff that happened to metatrader 5 - metatrader 5 is incredibly slow in simple operations like drawing a simplest buffer value on a chart)

techmac:
Seems I expressed myself wrong : applications that must monitor each ad every mouse move are not causing my cpu overload, and mtetrader terminal does (and terminal has very little actions assigned to mouse compared to web browsers, for example). So, it seems that there are a lot of things that they simply tell "oh, that is easy" and it all ends up in slowing down the whole thing (the same stuff that happened to metatrader 5 - metatrader 5 is incredibly slow in simple operations like drawing a simplest buffer value on a chart)

You actually did express yourself quite well, just I know only about one additional application, that also activates a fan on my computer when moving a mouse - and it is MT4 Metaeditor.

Found this ea that should refresh indicators initallindicators.mq4

Files:

sameermehta74:
Dear Mladen & MrTools, I came to this thread looking for a solution that will refresh an EA regularly. The reason I need a solution for refreshing the EA is that the EA that I make from (Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4) website does not seem to refresh itself all the time. There are many times when I see the conditions to trade are met and the EA has not executed any trade even when I have chosen the option of on every tick; but when I remove the EA and reload it; it executes the trade. Please note that I do not have any knowledge of coding

Now, in this thread there are three solutions so far; 1) #10 -> RefreshRates() 2) #12 -> AutoRefresh600+.rar and 3) AutoRefreshtimer.mq4.

My question is; if you could please help me;

a) Is there a solution to the problem I am facing?

b) If yes, what is it?

c) If that solution is any of the three mentioned in this thread so far; then how should I use / implement that solution? Should I be loading those as indicator to any chart or all the charts that I have EA running on or as an EA itself to any chart and it will refresh all EA running in on that MetaTrader.

Thanking you in advance for all your time and efforts in responding to my request. An as always respects and admiration for all the service you provide to members of this forum. Regards, Sameer.

Simply take the auto refresh timer and attach it to the chart (it will force your EA to work each 1/4 of a second if you do not change the default parameters). Bit if your EA is not connected to the server (due to some problem) then not even the autorefresh timer will help

Dear Mladen & MrTools, I came to this thread looking for a solution that will refresh an EA regularly. The reason I need a solution for refreshing the EA is that the EA that I make from (Expert Advisor Builder for MetaTrader 4) website does not seem to refresh itself all the time. There are many times when I see the conditions to trade are met and the EA has not executed any trade even when I have chosen the option of on every tick; but when I remove the EA and reload it; it executes the trade. Please note that I do not have any knowledge of coding

Now, in this thread there are four solutions so far; 1) #10 -> RefreshRates() 2) #12 -> AutoRefresh600+.rar 3) AutoRefreshtimer.mq4. and 4) InitAllIndicators.mq4

My question is; if you could please help me;

a) Is there a solution to the problem I am facing?

b) If yes, what is it?

c) If that solution is any of the three mentioned in this thread so far; then how should I use / implement that solution? Should I be loading those as indicator to any chart or all the charts that I have EA running on or as an EA itself to any chart and it will refresh all EA running in on that MetaTrader.

Thanking you in advance for all your time and efforts in responding to my request. An as always respects and admiration for all the service you provide to members of this forum. Regards, Sameer.

Dear Mladen, thank you for very quick reply. Just another clarification; do I need to attach AutoRefreshTimer to all the charts which have EA active or only to any chart of the MetaTrader. Regards Sameer

Dear Mladen, thank you for very quick reply. Just another clarification; do I need to attach AutoRefreshTimer to all the charts which have EA active or only to any chart of the MetaTrader. Regards Sameer

Reason: