[Request] Market Session Indicator

Hi, I'm looking for an indicator that could automatically paint a vertical line at the open and close of a certain market session.

The indicator should let us input the opening time and closing time for a certain market session based on our platform timezone.

for example after setting up the indicator according to our platform time zone, at the opening of Euro session it would paint a light red (or an color of your choice) vertical line, and at the end of the session it would paint a dark red vertical line (again, or any other color of your choice). The same with other market trading session.

I don't know if such indicator exist or not, i've been trying to find one with no luck. If it does, then a link would be great. If it doesn't, if someone would be kind enough to make one is even better. I'm sure for some of you out there this would be simple enough to make.

Thanks

try this

Not exactly the vertical lines I'm looking for, but this is even better.

Thanks a lot. that's one fast reply

Trading Session Vlines

out_kold:
Not exactly the vertical lines I'm looking for, but this is even better. Thanks a lot. that's one fast reply

Hi,

You can try this. You can change the input, the default has the UK open, UK close and US open.

Try this. I like this indicator

session indicator

I've been through the many posts on this and think what I'm after is slightly different. Trying to backtest to see if price action at the time of days when sessions overlap (so times of highest liquidity) is more significant to my trading system. I have successfully done this with the vertical line session indicator on these forums, but it makes quite a mess of a chart (I'm using hourly mainly).

In short, what I want is an indicator which will put a box around the relevant candles and that's it - this will be the cleanest way to show it I think. If anyone knows of such an indicator I'd be very much obliged.

Dave

you can change time in iSessions (and similar) instead of sessions begin-end to any time you like

fxbs:
you can change time in iSessions (and similar) instead of sessions begin-end to any time you like

Thanks for your reply. As I said above I have managed to do this but it makes a bit of a mess of my charts (if you highlight a 4-5hr window on an hourly chart you'll see what I mean) and was after something which draws a single line box instead...

Sorry I was being stupid - worked out how to do it on i sessions. Thanks.

see, if you posted pict. i would figure sooner what you mean

slight mod:

extern bool AsiaBg = true; // background on/off

extern int AsiaLn = 2; // linestyle 0/4

extern bool EurBg = true; // background on/off

extern int EurLn = 2; // linestyle 0/4

extern bool USABg = true; // background on/off

extern int USALn = 4; // linestyle 0/4

Files:

any time ; kim4

Reason: