Profitable system needing EA - page 2

i looked at your system. They dont agree all in 1 shot. This system will NOT perform as promised mixture of laggin indicator and predictive oscillators(Stochastics). Shinigami, what do you think...

Regards

David

davidke20:
i looked at your system. They dont agree all in 1 shot. This system will NOT perform as promised mixture of laggin indicator and predictive oscillators(Stochastics). Shinigami, what do you think...

Regards

David

Thanks David for looking at it. What about having a type of "margin", meaning that if all four indicators agree within 1 or 2 bars then initiate the trade? By looking at my chart they agree by at least one bar difference.

Am still backtesting on the chart. Meanwhile, couldn't see the usage of Laguarre on your system. Is there a NEED?

Regards

David

matrixebiz:
Different currencies would need different Timeframes and settings of course so would hope to have all indicator settings user changeable. Thank you

So, it will obviously become another curve fitted system, do i make any sense here?

Regards

David

davidke20:
Am still backtesting on the chart. Meanwhile, couldn't see the usage of Laguarre on your system. Is there a NEED?

Regards

David

It seems to be a popular indicator at FF with GBP/JPY

- Laguerre Blue head in direction of trade. From top 1.05 facing down through 0.85 Sell, From bottom 0 facing up through 0.15 Buy. And I'm thinking Lag2 Red should be going in the same direction.

1. LaGuerre 1 ( for entry ) - Gamma 0.65, levels 0.15, 0.85,0.45 bars to read 9500 color blue

2. LaGuerre 2 ( for exits ) - Gamma 0.85, levels 0.15, 0.85, 0.45 bars to read 9500, color red

For the Lags Enable Fixed maximum (~1.05) and fixed minimum (~-0.05) on in the Common tab of the Laguerre indicator

I've attached an EA from another forum that sort of does what I want but I need more indicators and I think from my previous posts will behave a bit different with my rules. Different currencies would need different Timeframes and settings of course so would hope to have all indicator settings user changeable. For exits would like to have a True or False for each indicator meaning that if exit QQE=True then exit on next QQE signal or if QQE and DMI exit=True then exit when QQE and DMI agree together again. Hope I'm not confusing you but I haven't figured out when best to exit the trade yet to get most pips possible or just use a SL if all exits are False. Same scenario for entries. Falses or Trues depending how many indicators you want to agree on and entry.

Thank you

Files:
supernova.mq4  12 kb

davidke20:
So, it will obviously become another curve fitted system, do i make any sense here?

Regards

David

Sorry, I was still editing previous post, and no I'm not sure what you mean.

Have you gone through some more manual backtesting to see how often when all indicators agree to make a good trade? Hope I'm on to something here Would it be easier with the above EA to modify to suite my rules?

matrixebiz:
Sorry, I was still editing previous post, and no I'm not sure what you mean. Have you gone through some more manual backtesting to see how often when all indicators agree to make a good trade? Hope I'm on to something here Would it be easier with the above EA to modify to suite my rules?

OK. Nevermind about the curve fitted part. You'll know once the EA is out. Now, from my observation, Stoch,CCI, DMI, QQE all may agree the same direction most of the time. Only concern is the 2 x Laguarre that has make a little sense. Because it looks like they're the only mofo that trigger trades in the end because they agree. Most of the time the rest of the other indicators are having the same signal/same direction, at most the 1 or 2 bar lag.

Regards

David

davidke20:
OK. Nevermind about the curve fitted part. You'll know once the EA is out. Now, from my observation, Stoch,CCI, DMI, QQE all may agree the same direction most of the time. Only concern is the 2 x Laguarre that has make a little sense. Because it looks like they're the only mofo that trigger trades in the end because they agree. Most of the time the rest of the other indicators are having the same signal/same direction, at most the 1 or 2 bar lag.

Regards

David

Yes, most of time is what I'm after because at the times they all don't agree then don't trade. Anyway, I'm off to bed now, if you think there might be some better indicators that might be better than the ones I used, please comment. EMA/Pivot points/Bollinger bands for support and resistance coupled with ASCtrend might be over kill. For all I know there might be only two indicators out there that will do what I want but there are Soooo/Toooo many, I just wanted to pick at least 4

David, just wondering if you've looked into this anymore for me?

Thanks

Matrixebiz,

I'm a bit puzzled by the setting recommendation quoted from post #15: "For the Lags Enable Fixed maximum (~1.05) and fixed minimum (~-0.05) on in the Common tab of the Laguerre indicator".

- Are they applied to common tab of both lags? or is it one for each respectively?

Whenever I apply both to a given lag and go back to check it, I find that the common tab has reverted to default setting.

Would you please do me a fever and detail the process.

Many thanks bro

Reason: