Request Metaquotes put back the 'Recalculate' option...

User 'JOATMON' was told on the Metaquotes forum - "Recalculate" option - Forex Trading Software Forum - to submit a request for any possible Metatrader improvements.

The issue is Metaquotes removal of the 'Recalculate' tab. Even if you don't program, you will find that backtesting is considerably slowed by Metatrader automatically recalculating every time the 'Start' button is pressed. Maybe of lesser signifance to most, but equally important, you can no longer collect free tick data or use third party data so you are stuck with the 90% max. backtest modelling quality.

Now consider the poor programmers (sob!) when they are trying to develop something and have to Backtest dozens and dozens of times - the slowdown is absolutely infurating!

Metatrader had probably the worst programming invironment even before this, so I would appeal to everyone to go to the below link and request the 'Recalculate' tabs return.

Forex Trading: Errors and Suggestions - MetaTrader 4 Bugtracking

omelette:
User 'JOATMON' was told on the Metaquotes forum - "Recalculate" option - Forex Trading Software Forum - to submit a request for any possible Metatrader improvements.

The issue is Metaquotes removal of the 'Recalculate' tab. Even if you don't program, you will find that backtesting is considerably slowed by Metatrader automatically recalculating every time the 'Start' button is pressed. Maybe of lesser signifance to most, but equally important, you can no longer collect free tick data or use third party data so you are stuck with the 90% max. backtest modelling quality.

Now consider the poor programmers (sob!) when they are trying to develop something and have to Backtest dozens and dozens of times - the slowdown is absolutely infurating!

Metatrader had probably the worst programming invironment even before this, so I would appeal to everyone to go to the below link and request the 'Recalculate' tabs return.

Forex Trading: Errors and Suggestions - MetaTrader 4 Bugtracking

I'm with you on the recalculate tab. Here's what I also think needs to be added to the tester, I would like to test EA's that open multiple currency pairs. I've made quite a few, but could never run on back tester.

wolfe:
I'm with you on the recalculate tab. Here's what I also think needs to be added to the tester, I would like to test EA's that open multiple currency pairs. I've made quite a few, but could never run on back tester.

'JOATMON' is as perturbed as I am about the 'Recalculate' option, so Metaquotes comment to him was in relation to this - though of course there is no reason that every such request should not be submitted!

I agree totally with your ability-to-backtest-multiple-currencies request - alas, I'm confident that is all it will come to, a request! Metaquotes has absolutely no incentive to make Metatrader an even half-decent developers platform, and have every incentive to see that it does not become one - hell, 'Print' and 'Comment' are the only debugging features still available this many years after it's inception, which speaks volumes - the brokers are Metaquotes customers, not 'us'!

But removing the 'Recalculate' option seems designed to do only one thing - make developing with Metatrader even more of a chore, so we should do whatever we can to get this reversed.

Reason: