EA for Hull Trend - page 2

Would it not be easier to get a simple HMA ea based on crossover then change of direction (colour) like the attached screengrab and then add filters to remove some of the most obviously bad trades?

TEAMTRADER

Files:

Sorry mladen, iv'e been away. But yes, a manual magic number. can you do that for me?

Regards Pat

I know that this is an old thread, but I wonder if anyone can help me.

I tried this ea in backtesting and have something I wanted to try. When I tried it tonight at market open it was opening trades late and closing early. I wonder if there is any further work done on a Hull EA.

I am looking for only 1 HMA and trade and reverse on every color change.

The color 'change' should be defined as a closed bar that confirms this change to not enter on a repaint.

Any pointers to other EAs that are the same as this or help with this one greatly appreciated.

If needed I can send much clearer details as to what this one is doing wrong in forward testing.

cesande:
I know that this is an old thread, but I wonder if anyone can help me.

I tried this ea in backtesting and have something I wanted to try. When I tried it tonight at market open it was opening trades late and closing early. I wonder if there is any further work done on a Hull EA.

I am looking for only 1 HMA and trade and reverse on every color change.

The color 'change' should be defined as a closed bar that confirms this change to not enter on a repaint.

Any pointers to other EAs that are the same as this or help with this one greatly appreciated.

If needed I can send much clearer details as to what this one is doing wrong in forward testing.

Try this one : hma_trend_ea_2.mq4

Set the testBar parameter to 1 to get the slope change of the closed bar

Files:

mladen:
Try this one : hma_trend_ea_2.mq4 Set the testBar parameter to 1 to get the slope change of the closed bar

Thanks much, will test.

I went ahead to elite and grabbed one over there as well !

Hey Guys....Is it possible to modify the EA such that it instead of placing trades as it does, change in direction of the HMA whether an uptrend or downtrend it closes the previous trade and opens a trade in the direction of the HMA(In other words the EA places trades based o colour change) Buy when aqua and close previous trade and sell when tomato and close any previous trade on the chart it is placed on... I tried to figure it out but I got stuck...I am a novice programmer. Please help
Files:
HMA.mq4  8 kb

Mladen Rakic #:

Try this one : hma_trend_ea_2.mq4

Set the testBar parameter to 1 to get the slope change of the closed bar

I'd highly appreciate the help...

Reason: