Simple and Profitable - page 2

It's good when we add with RSI, The indicator can not catch reversal.

All systems could be divided into 2 categories: trending systems and ranging systems. All trending systems are moreless the same: good while trending, bad while ranging, using different indicators to show the same thing, maybe one indicator gives signal a minute earlier than another, not a difference anyway. And in EVERY trending system thread there is the same problem - how to avoid flat markets? Unfortunately, this question is still not answered, the only way to deal with it is human discretion. But if you are smart enough to detect and avoid flat market, you will be able to spot a trend without any indicator, so you need no system anyway.

Sideway is just a Band Squeeze. So just use the Bollinger Band Squeeze indicator. Red dot in the middle of the indicator means it's squeezing so don't trade. Green dots means it's OK to trade. Red histogram means it's in a downtrend. Blue histogram means it's an uptrend. I know it's lagging but it's safe. Once you got a green signal, then it's a good and safe one.

Of course you'll say, but in a sideway, the range is from 70-100 pips. In that case, just switch to a smaller timeframe and scalp.

Files:

banzai:
Sideway is just a Band Squeeze. So just use the Bollinger Band Squeeze indicator. Red dot in the middle of the indicator means it's squeezing so don't trade. Green dots means it's OK to trade. Red histogram means it's in a downtrend. Blue histogram means it's an uptrend. I know it's lagging but it's safe. Once you got a green signal, then it's a good and safe one. Of course you'll say, but in a sideway, the range is from 70-100 pips. In that case, just switch to a smaller timeframe and scalp.

Thanks for the indi, I'll forward test it

banzai:
Sideway is just a Band Squeeze. So just use the Bollinger Band Squeeze indicator. Red dot in the middle of the indicator means it's squeezing so don't trade. Green dots means it's OK to trade. Red histogram means it's in a downtrend. Blue histogram means it's an uptrend. I know it's lagging but it's safe. Once you got a green signal, then it's a good and safe one. Of course you'll say, but in a sideway, the range is from 70-100 pips. In that case, just switch to a smaller timeframe and scalp.

Do we need to change the settings or just use the settings the way they are in your file?

Thanks.

is there a way to get the bbsqueze indicator in strategybuilder +

best regars John

Reason: