Traders && Coders

Hi everyone..

Firstly I want to admit that I found this site is very helpful. It’s so encouraging to see a lot bright talented people explore each other ideas on this forex thingy. But there’s something bothers me. Most of systems build, developed, then .. you know... I’m not opposing any one by any means, in fact I’m proposing to everyone things whereas too obvious but certainly forgotten here. For a little example: the little text file so called “Readme”. Correct and forgive me if I’m wrong, there’s none in any of projects. Also in every first of any thread, there’s none decent explanation about what it is, what it does, how it does it, is it really it supposed to be.

Well something like:

Here what basing this system:

Some theories go here..

… the strategy is pipping in your pips by pipping out others pips……

… the main goal is to dance with the big boys ……..

1. Scenarios it handles

a. The volatilier, the merrier.

Explanation

b. Riding the trending

Explanation

c. Bla bla …

2. Possibilities it may exploits

a. Big boys’ leakage.

Explanation

b. Stop Loss Fiesta.

Explanation

c. Bla bla …

3. Limitation /Conditions must be avoided

a. Never leave it alone on it owns. I own you!

Explanation

b. Bla bla …

4. Further potential development

a. Big boys’ detector.

Explanation

b. Bla bla …

5. etc

….. One might be tempted to say that’s ridiculous. For the rhymes, couldn’t disagree . IMHO, there are very few of us who really know the trading tools we’re using. Those few who can read the code && understand the whole ideas behind it. The rest should aware and take action about it. That’s for our own benefits, right? So we’d know our tools weakness, we don’t have to experience a bad day trading for a wrong decision because the indicators told you so just to know their weakness. We tell indicators to do their job the way we want. And when they tell you something, you knew them well, you’ll have a better insight bout what’s really going on (I hope I will). And when you find them telling you bullshit frequently, you know what to do. That’s just for an example. Well, if any of you think it’s all about just load it up then wait for something crossed something or alike, and you insist about it, then you’d agitating me for that. I’d save my words. and breath. and keystrokes too.

I think I made my points. It takes two to dance. Traders and coders. Something what’s missing here is Documentation. It would be a valuable addition (Shouldn’t it be the standard one?).

So others trader and coder can review it and/or propose new ideas. A new coder could start jump into the right place and produce. He/she doesn’t need to waste time to figure out first the logic behind it (or taking those money maker lessons class first to understand forex?) or whether this worth enough, worth on conditionals or just going nowhere. A coder can read the code but not the market. So, what do you think guys?

Well this is just my opinion. I admire great works here. Btw, I’m not so naive. I realize that we’re all here in the same pool. Thought it’s understandable if ones feel very reluctantly to share their forex secret. Any one +pips could be others -pips in here. But the world’s so wide, there’s plenty pips for all of us. Let’s make friend.

Toast. For the pips.

Well, just in case there’s something inappropriate in this post, my Big Apologize.

tangih

No feedbacks yet. I think I didn’t make myself clear. Lemme try it once more .

For a newbie like me, maybe it would be very valuable if there’s a discussion or reviews about what behind a code on the forex term / point of view.

If it’s based on a theory, i.e. elliot’s wave, maybe there’s an explanation on how it (the code) implement it.

I’m a newbie like I said, maybe there’re generous seasoned traders here who willing to help by sharing their knowledge.

Kinda confused when some say, for an example, an indi sucks, while others say it rocks. But they don’t give the reasons. It just sucks or rocks.

Maybe it will be great if the author start a new thread that dedicated to review his/her indi’s, eas, etc.

So it will reveal the do’s and the don’t’s of theirs.

It will reveal the strengthness and weakness …

(for the author, don’t let the possibility of revaeling the weakness stop you, that’s how to improve yours much much better).

Sorry for my bad english. Hope I made my point.

tangih

Reason: