Take Profit Level

I haven't used TakeProfit much in my EA's, but now I'm considering it. What I want to know is whether, once the Take Profit level is set, whether anything BEYOND that level will be triggered.

For example:

If I open a BUY trade with Take Profit set to 0 (no setting) and then modify the order so that Take Profit is 50 pips ( Bid + 50 * Point ), but when I do that, the profit is already 100 pips, will the trade close immediately on the next tick? I hope so, because I'd like to do that.

In other words, does 'Take Profit' level represent the minimum such that anything above that will be triggered?

jimven:
I haven't used TakeProfit much in my EA's, but now I'm considering it. What I want to know is whether, once the Take Profit level is set, whether anything BEYOND that level will be triggered.

For example:

If I open a BUY trade with Take Profit set to 0 (no setting) and then modify the order so that Take Profit is 50 pips ( Bid + 50 * Point ), but when I do that, the profit is already 100 pips, will the trade close immediately on the next tick? I hope so, because I'd like to do that.

In other words, does 'Take Profit' level represent the minimum such that anything above that will be triggered?

I think you are more likely to get an Error 130 on the attempt.

ralph.ronnquist:
I think you are more likely to get an Error 130 on the attempt.

This sounds a bit like a guess...does anyone know?

Reason: