Similar to 3bar break

I heard this from somewhere i have forgotten.

Nothing new, but it is simple.

3 bar break is nice idea, but enhance it ....(if this does not already exist)...

The stop for the current bar is the highest high or lowest low for the last three bars.

Then is Stop and reverse.

But ignore the inside bars, count back 3 bars , but ignore inside bars

i.e if bar-1 is inside of bar-2 do not count it, and use bar-2 bar -3 bar -4 instead to look for the high and low.

Use 3 last bars under these conditions:

Use only bars that have a higher high or lower low and take the highest high and lowest low for entry?

Or what? You just said "I don't remember what it was but I want to enhance it".

State the exact rules please

Netk are you looking for this type of thing.

From your current bar start counting back 3 bars but when counting back please ignor inside bars when going long place stop on the lowest low of the count back and when going short place stop on the highest high.

Files:

You could simply post the e-book

netk:

3 bar break is nice idea, but enhance it ....(if this does not already exist)...

The stop for the current bar is the highest high or lowest low for the last three bars.

Then is Stop and reverse.

But ignore the inside bars, count back 3 bars , but ignore inside bars

i.e if bar-1 is inside of bar-2 do not count it, and use bar-2 bar -3 bar -4 instead to look for the high and low.

I think, this is what you are intending to say.

Look for three bars who have lower lows and lower highs than the immediately preceding bar. In case you come across inside bars, ignore them. After finding three such bars, place a buy order just above the high of the last bar. Stoploss just below the low of the last bar.

Second situation is, look for three bars who have higher lows and higher highs than the immediately preceding bar. In case you come across inside bars, ignore them. After finding three such bars, place a sell order just below the low of the last bar. Stoploss just above the high of the last bar.

Am I right?

Reason: