How much movement

hello

Exist an indicator which can show me in x bars of the past how much pips oder % a move happend to the up or down side.

Something which is visual easy to see how much the price moved in the past in which direction is not easy if you want to automate.

thanks for comments

regards

lodol

lodol2:
hello

Exist an indicator which can show me in x bars of the past how much pips oder % a move happend to the up or down side.

Something which is visual easy to see how much the price moved in the past in which direction is not easy if you want to automate.

thanks for comments

regards

lodol

So are you asking for something like ((y - x)/y)*100?

hi

hi

thx for reply

im not a programmer. so i will explain again. the main thing is that you know where you are in a trade. So I mean its important to know how much up or down movement(pips) in the past happend to know the potential of a movement. ( for instance if ther e happen a 300 pip move and then you enter in the same direction its maybe not so a good idea.) One possible indicator is Td sequential which can show if a move is to far. Normal overbought indicators are useless in a bigger picture.(because they stay overbought and dont show for this the real picture) Atr is also useless because it show only the velocity but not the bigger direction.

So if i have an indicator which show how much pips happen for instance in the last 4 days and if i know the cross pair well i could imagine how much up or down potential is left to go. Of course this alone is not a system. I only try to filter out for exit the potential of a move and for this I need different signs. and this could be one. SO hope its more clear now.

of course if you trade manually its no problem because you look and you see. but i plan to make an EA so for this its necessary to have an indicator which measure this.

I enjoyed your thread modulatum

all the best

lodol

hi

here is an indicator which can do this.

the indicator show how much in the last x bars the price moved up or down.

if the line goes up to 7 or 9 (depending on the pair) it shows that a strong up movement happend. if its close to 3 shows the same down movement.

enjoy

Files:
Reason: