10Points_3 For Mini Acct Question

Hello All!

For starters, I am very new to fx trading. However, I have been interested in it for years. I have tried different platforms and different demo accts with different brokers. I can say I love Metatrader.... it rocks. Anyway, right now I'm about a breakeven trader (when manually trading) mainly concentrating on the eur/usd pair. Since it is hard for me to trade in the middle of the night (I live in the middle of the US), I started doing some research on EA's. For fun, I got the 10point_3 ea from elactus.com or something like that. I fired up this EA and made some minor changes on the inputs and let it run for several days. So far, I have not had a single losing day... NOW, I have had some losing trades, but it always makes up for it. Anyway, to say the least, I am very impressed.

Here's the deal though. I have not yet jumped in with a real account. I haven't decided when I will do so, but when I do I know I'm starting out with a mini account and probably a 500-750 dollar deposit. So, I would like to know how to setup this EA for a mini account. What changes do I need to make?

I'm going to go with InterbankFX I believe, so hopefully I can demo a mini account somehow and test this out once I figure out what settings to use.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

BTW-I love these forums. I've learned more here in the past couple of weeks than I did in the past 2 years. Thanks guys!

read here, its very unsafe. If you insist to run it live, i would suggest you to diversify your fund to 250 running on 10point3, the rest you can run with your own trading better. I hate to see you loss your fund 1 shot. During non trending day, which is >80% of the time in EURUSD happen to be ranging, you can able to make enough to cover the losses. Try to play around with OrderstoProtect and SecureProfit inorder to achieve the balance point of loss VS profit. Good luck.

Regards

David

Thanks for the input. I have read that it is pretty dangerous, but hopefully I can learn more about it to make it less dangerous... not to say I will eliminate the danger because I doubt that is possible, but hopefully I can set it up so a little less risk is involved.

I need to learn more about how to set it up for a mini account though. I want to trade to where each pip on eur/usd is 1 dollar instead of 10. I think by default with interbankfx on a mini acct this is the case, but I'm sure I have to tell 10point_3 ea that I'm doing mini.

Anyway, thanks for the input again. If I find out what I need to do, I will be sure to post it on here.

If anyone else has any input, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug

Here's the thing - 10p3 setups will eventually blow up your account. It really isn't a matter of if, but when. Market conditions that will make this happen may only occur once or twice a year, but it pretty much is a gamble as to when this will happen.

The only way to avoid an account blowup would be to use a huge pipstep or sit on massive capital, but you won't make much money this way, you would probably be better off sitting on swap positive positions for a few months.

If you think you can buck the odds then go for it (this is coming from someone who has run a 10p3 mod on a live account) but be ready for the inevitable. I would say maybe go for a high risk profile so that you can attempt to double your account sooner rather than later and protect your initial investment.

I think I'm starting to realize this. I had the script running yesterday/last night and this morning I was way negative. It had several buy positions open on the eur/usd and we all saw what happened there... it fell quite a bit. I'm trying to figure out why it fell though... those things I still don't understand. Was there some news event or something? Anyway, this is probably the wrong section to discuss it anyway.

Reason: