Making a predictive indicator..

Hi All,

As many of you might be aware, most of the indicators are reactive rather than proactive...so i was just thinking of making a predictive indicator which would be able to predict the trend or the price for the next time frame...few indicators out there try to do it but their logic does not seem too sound to me....so just wanted ur ideas on how a predictive indicator could be built...just thoughts and ideas...lets see how people think with regard to this...

check out this file

Files:

Hi,

Thanks. but can u tell me how it works...i read thru the comments in the code and then put it on the chart, it does not seem to predict what is going to happen....or am i missing something here??

ns_karthik:
Hi, Thanks. but can u tell me how it works...i read thru the comments in the code and then put it on the chart, it does not seem to predict what is going to happen....or am i missing something here??

I did not look inside the code but there is the thread is similar name of the indicator https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173566

Just found some other thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176246

Thanks newdigital...i am just checking out the ema2 predictive indicator thread...i have already seen the FPI indicator thread but the concept behind that indicator does not look good to me...it is based on product of crosses and their product being equal to 1....but u can tyake any 2 pairs of currency and their product would give u the price (or almost) of another currency pair....but what info does that give u? it tells u whether the product does equal the other pair or not ...if it does not, either the 2 pairs will adjust their price or the product pair will adjust its price....that does not give too much info?? does it??

I am posting the links as link-keeper. As to my opinion so I am using Ichimoku indicator and it is fully enough for me.

But there are some other indicators to predict high/low of the future bar, or to predict support/resistance.

There are Forecasting Indicators thread here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172904

yep i know newdigital...u r a good man and u do a lot of good work in here...i really appreciate that...

ns_karthik:
Hi All, As many of you might be aware, most of the indicators are reactive rather than proactive...so i was just thinking of making a predictive indicator which would be able to predict the trend or the price for the next time frame...few indicators out there try to do it but their logic does not seem too sound to me....so just wanted ur ideas on how a predictive indicator could be built...just thoughts and ideas...lets see how people think with regard to this...

Its been quite awhile since I checked in on 'ol Clyde, but he was doing some very interesting stuff some time ago. Visually compelling future turning point predictions plotted on the chart, many of which were spot-on target.

If you head to the archives, make a big pot of coffee... He's been at this for a long time.

SwingMachine & Hurst Projections (Swing Machine)

Reason: