~ Old Dog / New Tricks ~ - page 4

I as well would be interested in seeing an ea for this system.

Thank You,

Jeff

riffster:
Bruno, I think I may have an EA for this system that works! I'll let ya know, but so far so good. Basically, I changed from daily ranges to weekly price ranges. I also use an RSI as a filter. Now it works on every currency pair and because the positions are held longer with wider stops, the brokers can't dork with your trades...

azjeff:
I as well would be interested in seeing an ea for this system.

Thank You,

Jeff

So far the only downside is that it's not uncommon to have more than 9 positions open at the same time. The EA could be set up to filter out certain currency pairs, but you would miss most of the trades if you did that. Most of the trades have lasted 2 - 7 days. So far I'm averaging about 92%, lol... I keep waiting for the bottom to fall out, but like I said, "so far so good"...

Hi,

Would you mind attaching the ea I would like to test it if you are ok with that.

Jeff

riffster:
So far the only downside is that it's not uncommon to have more than 9 positions open at the same time. The EA could be set up to filter out certain currency pairs, but you would miss most of the trades if you did that. Most of the trades have lasted 2 - 7 days. So far I'm averaging about 92%, lol... I keep waiting for the bottom to fall out, but like I said, "so far so good"...

azjeff:
Hi,

Would you mind attaching the ea I would like to test it if you are ok with that.

Jeff

Hello Jeff,

Right now the EA doesn't auto trade, it just sends instant messages to a desktop alert program that I wrote. I don't use an MT4 broker, so I leased a server and leave the EA running. If I get time I'll see if I can modify it. I had a lot of help coding the EA. I'm not great at mq4 yet. I was planning on forward testing a bit more, then spending some time coding the EA to auto trade for MT4 users.

One of the guys over at 4xlounge helped me with the mq4. I'm sure he won't mind if I share it, but I have to ask first to be fair. I'll update this thread later when I have something...

Old Dog / New Tricks

Hey Riffster,

Just found this thread & the method seems simple.

I'm wondering if there are any tweaks to the system, not EA.

Thanks for the response,

vanhook2:
Hey Riffster,

Just found this thread & the method seems simple.

I'm wondering if there are any tweaks to the system, not EA.

Thanks for the response,

Hello vanhook2,

Yes the system has been tweaked to death, lol... and now works on all currency pairs, in multipule time frames. It is a "paid" 4Xlounge.com trading system now, but I think they are going to release the GBPUSD 1hr for free to show folks how it works. (that's why I posted the chart shot) The paid members have been using this system for awhile and so have I. The buy/sell signals make it idiot proof (that helps me, lol...) and the risk/reward makes sense now. The old system had bad risk/reward.

Files:
cable.gif  65 kb

riffster:
Hello vanhook2, Yes the system has been tweaked to death, lol... and now works on all currency pairs, in multipule time frames. It is a "paid" 4Xlounge.com trading system now, but I think they are going to release the GBPUSD 1hr for free to show folks how it works. (that's why I posted the chart shot) The paid members have been using this system for awhile and so have I. The buy/sell signals make it idiot proof (that helps me, lol...) and the risk/reward makes sense now. The old system had bad risk/reward.

Hey riffster,

Have they released that GBPUSD 1h yet? If so is there a place to download it or check it out? Thanks! Got your message on the other topic about the power bar indic. Thanks for the compliment on the avitar.

Have a good day,

fx.......

fxstman:
Hey riffster,

Have they released that GBPUSD 1h yet? If so is there a place to download it or check it out? Thanks! Got your message on the other topic about the power bar indic. Thanks for the compliment on the avitar.

Have a good day,

fx.......

yes, in fact, you can download a free Trade Messenger that will send you trade alerts when the system generates a signal...

Signals Lounge

So what kind of test results have you got?

Hi, This looks intresting, just out of curiousity how well is the system doing so far?

Thanks in advance!

bh4v1k:
Hi, This looks intresting, just out of curiousity how well is the system doing so far? Thanks in advance!

This will give you an idea: http://4xlounge.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=445&forum_id=26

We are also hosting "Live Trading Sessions" to help folks understand the indicators better...

Reason: