Directional Movement System Resurrected - page 3

mpower:
... I made some trades on cable today looking at adx on various timeframes and even though I did not lose a trade, I did not get anywhere...well back to the drawing board. My little consolation is attached, at least I know how to get out dry of the water...

Imagine where you would be if you got somewhere. Maybe get wet a little bit? Nice job, mpower. Keep at it.

ENJOY!

fxcruiser

Dmi Alert

HerbertH:
MPower, your trade setup looks promising.

I have therefore modified the ADX Cross indicator by implementing your rules.

It will now also alert on every new crossing (optional setting) 1 alert per bar only.

The indicator will behave like before when you switch the MPowerCrossOnly setting to false (showing all ADX-di+/- crossings again)

Please check, especially after market re-opens on Sunday, because I also fixed something in the Bar sequence (It was reading non-existing bar: -1)

Cheers,

Herbert

Thanks for the indicator. I have been using it along with my other indicators with positive results. Can you create DMI Alert that will let me know when the +di/-di is at the 20 mark, as this is where most of the trades take off? I have missed several good trades because I was'nt at my computer when the 20 mark was hit. Also can you create a CCI Alert that will let me know when there is a cross above/below the 0 and +100/-100 lines?

Regards

fxbert

Improved Adx

mpower:
Ok, just want to piont out that in real time entries will not be as precise as it looks on a chart after the fact. Example, the four entries that you see on the swissy chart:

1. June 7 entry, I saw the entry during the 12:00 candle(time is CET-Alpari data) Price was 1.2229, still there was enough pips if you rode the trend. What ADX gives up in speed, it more than makes up in accuracy. By using 4hr chart, we isolate a lot of the noise, by using a loose stop, we prevent much of the whipsaw that happens during news releases.

2. June 15 entry, I saw the sell entry during the 12:00 candle, price was 1.2439.

3. June 21 entry, I saw the long entry during the 12:00 candle(perhaps it was too late to enter, price was 1.2420), so that was a false signal, price reversed the next day, I would've closed the trade at the opposite cross, which happened at 1.2394, so that is 26 pips loss excluding spread.

4. Today, I saw the short signal at a price of 1.2390, price is now 1.2291

I was going to post a eur/usd and gbp/usd chart but since the 3 pairs are correlated, you will see a similar picture.

Use JCFBaux instead of ADX. Less lagg. Check out other Jurik Indicators and Jurik Research or search threads.

Regards

fxbert

Files:
jcfbaux.mq4  5 kb

Dmx Indicator

Does anyone have the Jurik DMX indicator for mt4?

Thanks

fxbert

I found that ADX h4 is too slow for intraday trading, it is still very useful for letting you know there is a strong trend. You are right when DI reaches 20, price usually takes off. You might wanna consider looking at the crosses of rsi 5 period and rsi 14 period on 4h, they react much much faster. Usually they will cross, then price will retrace, measure fibo on 5 min chart, wait for 38.2 retrace enter, with target 61.8 extension, works 90% of the time. Made 140 pips on cable this week,could've made more tageting 161.8E, but still happy. i am off to the beach for te weekend, sorry no time to post template, it is 6 hours drive to the beach.

Ciao!!!

This thing repaints

mpower:
Rick, thanks for the feedback! CPS is just like any other indicator. If we have a rapid price movement to the downside let's say, it will signal short, it will turn red and you will get a down arrow, later before the bar closes, price may go back up and now it will be blue, and the arrow will disapper, so the bar closes and the short signal is no longer there. But whatever the conditions were at the close of the bar, that is what you see on the chart, and respectively what stays on the chart, so I don't think it repaints. Anyway, I just use it as a visual aid, that is all. Same problem occurs with the adx cross indicator that I posted above. A dot may appear during the formation of the bar, and if the conditions changed later, you will not see it anymore. One thing is for certain, if di+ and di- crossed below 20, and subsequently one of them reached 21 with adx above 20, you will rarely be wrong about price direction...worse come to worse, you can exit at the opposite cross, loss is rarely more than 30 pips. This only applies for a 4 hr chart or greater, 1hr is ok, you will enter MUCH sooner, but you will also get MUCH more false signals...

Sorry to burst your bubble, but, this CPS and adx crosses repaint. It looks clean all the way long if you don't pay attention to it. Arrows disappear after bars have closed. Have seen it several times while testing it..

Hello,

I have a version of ADXcrosses posted here that doesn't repaint, if anyone is interested

-DREWP

Non-repainting ADX lags

I think the non-repainting adx lags alot.Trading this ur system currently on a demo and discovered b'cos of its lagging nature, entries are sort of late n stoplosses are quite wide...could someone fix the non-repainting lagging indicator to a less lagging one, I think it would boost the entire and exits of the trades placed.

Reason: