4H Candle Close Indicator

Hello,

Is there someway to identify 4H candle closes on a 15M chart that is not too obtrusive ?

Thank You

You may use this indicator (attached). It is the way to understand when MTF indicators may re-paint the past and why.

Besides we have two good threads about the candles:

- support/resistance for candles: original thread with discussion and some indicators.

- everything about candles, inside candles and custom candles: indicators.

Files:
h1.gif  19 kb

NewDigital,

Thank you, you are consistently helpful.

4H-close.........

Do you run a 4H chart somewhere in the back ground or don't you have one open?

I made myself a "Voice" that tells me 2m before the candle closes......."4 hours up"

Let me know.

ValeoFX:
Do you run a 4H chart somewhere in the back ground or don't you have one open?

I made myself a "Voice" that tells me 2m before the candle closes......."4 hours up"

Let me know.

I opened M15 chart and atach indicator setted for H4 (240).

But I had H4 chart opened already. I don't know it is important or not ...

newdigital:
I opened M15 chart and atach indicator setted for H4 (240). But I had H4 chart opened already. I don't know it is important or not ...

Yes, I have the same indicator, but I just prefer to use the Grid-indicator for less hassles.

However, for this voice idea, you need to have a dedicated 4H chart. I will gladly share my "home-made" indicator with you.

Screenshots

capamando:
Hello,

Is there someway to identify 4H candle closes on a 15M chart that is not too obtrusive ?

Thank You

2 Screenshots showing indicator on a full chart and 10 & 15 point Text

Colors for each line can be altered if required

#property indicator_chart_window

extern bool Show_Simple_Text = false;

extern bool Show_Standard_Comments = false;

extern bool Show_Colored_TEXT = true;

extern int Text_Size = 15;

extern int Shift_Text_UP_DN = 0;

extern int Shift_Text_Left_Right = 0;

extern color Title_Color = SteelBlue;

extern color Prev_4Hr_Text = DarkKhaki;

extern color Next_Text = Coral;

extern color Broker_Time = Peru;

extern color CountDown_Time = Gold;

Files:
fourhour4.gif  52 kb
fourhour5.gif  55 kb

4Hour indicator

capamando:
Hello,

Thank You

I have coded up this indicator for you, it appears to run alright as i have had it working today and everything seems to update as it should, you have several options as per the screenshots.

1/ Simple display in standard Comments or Colored Text

2/ A full display in Standard Comments or Colored Text

3/The Colored Text can be placed anywhere on the chart and the Text size can also be altered

4hour_data.ex4

Files:

CJA,

Sorry I missed your post way back when.....I still wanted to thank for helping all of us here.

cja Candle Remaining Time Indicator

cja:
I have coded up this indicator for you, it appears to run alright as i have had it working today and everything seems to update as it should, you have several options as per the screenshots.

1/ Simple display in standard Comments or Colored Text

2/ A full display in Standard Comments or Colored Text

3/The Colored Text can be placed anywhere on the chart and the Text size can also be altered

4hour_data.ex4

Hi, cja ... excellent candle countdown timer! Thanks for developing/sharing.

Do you have (or do you know of) a similar indicator that takes the full candle time from the time period at which the chart is set .... i.e. a countdown timer that counts down from 15 minutes on a 15M chart, from 1 hour on an H1 chart, from 4 hours on an H4 chart, etc.?

Regards, Richard.

Hi

newdigital:
You may use this indicator (attached). It is the way to understand when MTF indicators may re-paint the past and why.

Besides we have two good threads about the candles:

- support/resistance for candles: original thread with discussion and some indicators.

- everything about candles, inside candles and custom candles: indicators.

HI New Digital,

Is there Alerts here in this custom candle ?

cheers,

David.

Reason: