MT4 build 205 issues?

Has anyone had any problemes with MT4 build 205?

I upgraded to build 205, now I'm finding that some EAs will just disappear off the chart on its own.

Yes, with build 205 when I copy or rename my MT4 folder all my account details are deleted, as well as any mail messages on the terminal.

If you rename the folders back to what they originally were in the original location then the account details and mail messages will appear again.

I haven't experienced what you've described, that is certainly weird!

My issue is that EAs which I have been running for months with no problems will now disappear from the charts. I have to reattach the EAs to the charts, all the while the currency pairs have been trading without the supervision of the EAs without my knowledge. What happens if these were a real live accounts?

Try it.

Install a new platform, create a new account and update to build 205.

Next, rename that folder that you just installed the new terminal in.

After this, run MT4. You will find that when you try to log onto the account you just created that the password field is blank, and that you have no mail in the "Mailbox" tab, so you can not manually look for the demo password.

After you have seen this, rename the mt4 folder back to what it originally was and run the mt4 platform again: by magic you will be able to log into your original account and will see your registration details in your Mailbox tab (plus all other messages you previously had there).

The bug that I describe above is probably also related to the bug which makes your indicators just vanish of your charts.

I am going to have a look at the MetaQuotes forum to see if they know about these problems etc

MT4 Login Issue

Hey Guys, Not sure if this is the correct place to ask the question but here goes.

I am using Win XP Pro SP2, with MT4 Ver4 Build 206, running normal win XP Firewall, with MT4 added as exception. also running the Free Version of AVG Antivirus. When i open my Charts, and want to create a demo account, try and scan for available servers, then it comes back with nothing (Ping = n/a)

is there any other settings that i should be aware of to make this work?

The only other setting that can mess you up (which should be unchecked by default) is under Tools => Options => Server tab, the option "Enable proxy server", which should not be checked unless you actually need to use a proxy server (only for some corporate networks).

Now a few questions. Which brand of MT4 are you using? Is it from a broker (e.g., IBFX), the generic one from MetaQuotes, or did you get it through the StrategyBuilderFX forum? It's always possible that the servers you try to connect to are down. Were you able to run MT4 before or is version 206 the first version you try?

Build 206

You should be up to build 206 by now anyway.

MT4 has sucked lemons since Build 203.

WW

Reason: